RMA process in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA process in the UK?

I've got a G200 AGP Marvel card with (I think) a dead BIOS. I've been told by admin Shawn in the Matrox forums to RMA it for replacement/repair. Great, but...

The email address he suggested for me to use is graphic.tech.uk@matrox.com. I sent all the details as requested to start the RMA process, and in return I got back an email which read, in part:

This is an automated reply from an unmonitored mailbox.

...so there doesn't seem to be anybody behind the curtain at Matrox UK... The rest of the email suggests I check I've got the most up-to-date drivers and where I can find their list of FAQs (none of which mention their RMA procedure). This, of course, is no damn good if the card won't POST, as mine does.

Anybody here from the UK had occasion to RMA kit to Matrox UK recently? If so, how did you get in touch with a real live human being?

Cheers.

i just got the info from haig on the matrox forum. i was emailed afterwards and given the info i needed. my bob was going funky, but still worked most of the time and i got a replacement before sending mine out cos i asked nicely. great CS.
    --
    TJ

Comment

ok wtf is going on?

i get an email saying i have a private message from nojay but when i follow the link to my messages i get 'There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period.' !!!
      --
      TJ

Comment

Re: ok wtf is going on?

Originally posted by mrtj1
        i get an email saying i have a private message from nojay but when i follow the link to my messages i get 'There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period.'
        I thought to take it to email, but it is not to be, sadly.

Any chance you could get in touch with Haig for me? I can't get directly in touch with Shawn, as he (wisely) has kept his email address off his profile.

The relevant info about my problem is on:

My Client ID number: 500250

Cheers.

Comment

it wasnt haig's email addy. it was a general address and i had to put a specific subject.

i tried to find the email but i think i lost it.

just post in the matrox forum saying what the problem is and asking for an rma number. i didnt have any problems whatsoever so i cant really see you having any over there.
          --
          TJ

Comment

... and so we come round full circle.

I posted my problem in the Matrox forums. Shawn told me to get an RMA number and the boilerplate advice he posted was to email the relevant details to the Matrox UK Tech Support email address. I did so and I got an automated reply indicating that no human being actually reads any of the emails sent to that address.

What I need is the email address of a human being at Matrox UK Tech Support who can start an RMA for me. At the moment I'd settle for the janitor's email address.

Comment

dont think they give you email addys for people, just a general one and you're supposed to put the person name in the subject or something.

just repost back in the forum and tell them what the problem is.
              --
              TJ

Comment

I did that. The problem is the only human being I know who does TS for Matrox is Shawn, and he lives in Canada. I put his name in the subject: line as he suggests in his forum reply:

"Please send an e-mail to : graph_ts@matrox.com and write in the subject of the e-mail : ATTN : (Shawn)."

His boilerplate answer to get an RMA started later includes:

"If you are outside North America, South America, or Australia
                do not send this information to graph_ts@matrox.com

You will need to get in touch with one of our International offices.

Matrox Graphics UK
                graphic.tech.uk@matrox.com"

So I did, and, as I said before, I got an automated reply which stated that no human being reads emails sent to that address.

How can I get instructions on Matrox' RMA procedure if nobody at the relevant office (the UK) will talk to me? I need a human being, not a one-answer robot.

Comment

give the uk office a call.

Pre-sales hotline: +44 (0) 1753 66 55 44

i know it says pre sales but they should connect you to the right department or at least give you the number.
                  --
                  TJ

Comment

Hi gang,

I apologize for the lack of service stemming from our UK office. On Friday, I had the release notes for our mini diag changed to reflect the UK situation.

Here's the excerpt:

UK clients are to send an email to TechnicalSupport.NE@matrox.com with subject "RMAUK"

I can't get directly in touch with Shawn, as he (wisely) has kept his email address off his profile.

We all do this Eventhough Matrox Canada provides no email technical support, we still use our old email addy for certain situations like rma and if clients having to send in a file. Even at that, the client has to follow our specific instructions as to what to put in the subject, else it will not get looked at.

Cheers

Comment

OK, thanks for the information. Basically, I'll do what the original diag said about sending my address, client no., pointer to forum details about the G200 failure etc. but to the NE office (that's Scandanavia, I believe?) with RMAUK as the entire subject line.

That sound about right? Cheers and thanks again.

Comment

Yep,

that's correct. Put in the proper subject, attach the file and include your client ID#.

You will get replied to on Monday.

Cheers

Comment

It's Monday evening, 11 p.m. local time, and no reply yet.

I sent the email with all the details I could think of on Sunday.

Comment

In that case, I will personally call them and wait on the phone until they answer you tomorrow morning.

Sorry for all this.

Cheers

Comment

Now thats what I call tech support! Hats of to Haig!

Comment

Working...
                              X