Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor HDD performance?

Hi all,

My main hard drive is an IBM 60GXP 40Gb 7200 RPM, but PCMark2002 gives me a poor result of around 500. SiSoft Sandra (latest version - 2002.1.8.59) gave a result of 21070 which seemed a little low too.

Any hints on boosting my HDD performance? I use an Epox 8K7A+ using the highpoint 370 controller (but not using RAID).

hmmm - I just ran Sisoft again, but this time used the PC while doing the test and now I get 25163 which seems better?

Try using cacheman it can boost your score by ~10%!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

pcmark2002 gave me a hdd score of 2143, and my harddisk is crap, i wouldn´t trust that benchmark, if i were you.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Try running ATTO, ZDBench or maybe HDTach, Sandra has never been a good HDD benchmark and PCMark2002 just plain sucks for HDD testing at least.
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

My PCMark2002 harddrive score on a P4 2.3 GHz with a Cheetah X15 was 500. Your call

John

Comment

PIII 900 MHz, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB WD and 60 GB IBM...my HDD score was 741.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X