Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Cleo is a fraud???

Found this on [H]

Miss Cleo is being sued by more states than Microsoft over her "psychic service". The states have mainly focused on the stuff they can actually bust her for, like her claims to be a Jamaican Shaman...well, apparently they found out where she is really from....brace yourselves. Our condolences go out to the losing state.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Of course she is a fraud. 5.99$/min???? Anybody would make up stuff to keep a client on the phone as long as possible. Especially at that rate!

What I'm surprised is she lasted as long as she did!

P.S: This is nothing against you Kindness. I just hate seeing her retarded commercials on TV.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 15 March 2002, 07:38.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

If she fraudulently steals your money by not providing services and billing you for them, or by putting you on hold constantly while you still pay.....then I say bust her.

But c'mon, she is providing entertainment, it doesn't matter whether she's a 'real' psychic, or if she's from Jamaica, or anything. She's giving you entertainment, well, at least that's what she's supposed to be doing. Obviously it doesn't entertain everybody. Actors and others provide entertainment while not being who they 'claim' to be.....it's all part of the act.

Besides....if you actually believe in that crap and think that she's telling you facts and truths rather than making crap up, I have no sympathy for your loss of money. But if you called to get a good laugh, and she scammed you out of money....I have much sympathy for you.

b
      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

What gets me is the stupidity of the people that called her or any other of these so call psychics in the first place. Are we that desperate to hear what we want to hear that we willing pay someone $5.99/min for it.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Ah SUCKS!!!!! Say it Ain't so!!!!!!

I met my last girlfriend thanks to Ms. Kleo.
          The one before her took my truck and dawg when she left me.

dj
          My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
          128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Hahahaha.

A friend of my dad's got a phone bill for $5000 one month. Turns out his kids had been calling the "Psychic Friends Hotline".

He filed suit against them and won (they settled). One of the funnier lines in the proposed action was something to the effect of "If these people are so psychic, how come they didn't know that these kids weren't over 18?"

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

So, if I play some country western music backwards on my turntable will my dawg, truck and old girlfriend comeback?

actually I only want the dawg back. She wrecked the truck.

dj
              My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
              128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

I can only imagine the type of people that get suckered by these psychic things. They have to be Jerry Springer rejects.

Miss Cleo should be commended because if she wasn't taking their money they would probably be spending it on crack.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Working...
                X