Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious, what was the first version number of MS Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious, what was the first version number of MS Pro?

Was there a version 1.0? What were the major changes? How long has this program been around?
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I remember it when it was version 2.0
    Then I think the version numbers just jumped to 5.0, maybe I'm wrong, it's been a while

Comment

Hi,

My first UMSP has been v.2.5 and after that v.5.0
      has been issued... If I'm not mistaken.

Regards to all,

Debbie
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Yes, that's how I remember it, 2.5 straight to 5.0. I think they felt a need to compete with Premiere on version numbers. Before 2.5 I don't know. 2.5 is what came with my Rainbow Runner Studio (woohoo! kinda miss that thing, even though it is sitting in a box under my desk.)

Comment

First - there was MediaStudio 1.0, which was reviewed in 1995 by an author who still has his Web page up:

Second - there was version 2.0 of MediaStudio (which he also mentions).

Third - the press release for version 2.5 was released on February 13, 1996!

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

After version 2.5 was released, Ulead decided to "jump" to version 5.0... and the rest... well we all know the rest.

Jerry Jones
          I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
          X