Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of help needed, please...

Hello all

I have problems with the performance of my Millenium G450. I ran the 3DMark2002 performance benchmark application and I got a result of about 900 with a frame rate of 3-4 fps at the lowest, in high detail. That's not playable...

My first question is: what can I do to get the performance up to an acceptable level? (I do have the latest drivers)

My second is about Medal of honor. When I try to run it I only get a lot of beige blobs hanging around the place, the textures are not showing. What kind of tuning should I do to get that game running, I saw that others have played it on Matrox cards so...

I would be really thankful for help and hints...

Is there somewhere I can read about tuning Matrox cards?
    Asus A7V133, AMD 1100, Matrox G450, 256 RAM
    WinXP, Matrox beta 5.84

First of all, we need to know your system specs. Also, what drivers you are using. The latest drivers have a fix in them for MOH, so I've heard.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My system is an Asus a7v133 with an AMD 1100 and 256 MB RAM, Soundblaster Platinum live 5.1, Matrox Millenium G450.
      The OS is Win2000 with the 5.82 drivers. I have not upgraded the BIOS on either the Motherboard or the graphics card so that is standard (don't have the specs right now...).

Everything runs fine but the 3D rendering...
      WinXP, Matrox beta 5.84

Comment

Do you have version 8.1 of DirectX?

How about the Windows 2000 service packs?

Have you thoroughly removed any previous video card drivers?

I had the A7V133 for awhile with my G400. I never had any problems. I got 1300-1400 on 3DMark with my Duron 950.

Your score shouldn't be any higher since the video card is maxed out with a CPU in the 800MHz range.

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

You better install these too.

You should have a CD with older ones when you got the A7V133 but I'd install the newer ones.
          #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
          people do all day!"

Comment

Thanks for all your help!

MOHAA is running great now. It was the latest w2k compatibility pack that was missing...

Great game!
            WinXP, Matrox beta 5.84

Comment

Working...
            X