Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a Compaq' see the ultra100TX2?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a Compaq' see the ultra100TX2?!

I have been trying to make a Compaq Presario 5722 behave toghter with a Promise Ultra100Tx2.....

It wont aknowledge that its there.
    the TX2 shows it boot msg and detekts hdds but they arnt awailable in fdisk....

Any ideas?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Did you open the TX2's BIOS and configure the array first?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but it's not a raid card just the "IDE" card
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Funny never had that problem.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well...............

I solved it sorta................

The customer decided that it did not need its old 13 gb drive after alll (sigh)

And I managed to make the compaq accept 1HDD, 2 Atapi and 1 Zip100mb (he has a usb 250,but thinks it vould be sad to lose a unit )

Now the fun part is left:

Installing W98 and find all drivers for all funny things integrated on the compaq mb.......

Comment

Working...
          X