Onboard Video+PCI G450+Windows 2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onboard Video+PCI G450+Windows 2K

I just got done installing Windows 2000 on my work PC. The PC I have in work is based off an Intel 810 motherboard with a onboard video card. I got a PCI G450 to replace the POS Intel video, but now I have a minor problem when Win2K boots up, after the Windows 2000 splash screen, my monitor shuts down for a spilt second, then displays a quick message (I think DMPS mode off or something) and then I'm greeted by the desktop. I believe this being cased by Windows 2000 seeing the intel onboard video. I haven't found a way to disable the Intel video card either through the device manager (like I was doing in windows 98) or in the BIOS.

Any suggestions?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

can you remove the Intel onbord Video in device manager... or at least disable?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Normally the onboard video disables itselfs when it detects another video card in the system.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Nope only option I have is to uninstall it but it still gets picked back up when Windows 2000 boots back up. I can deal with it..but just seeing if I can get to work properly anyway.

Scott
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Do you have an option in your motherboard BIOS to enable/disable onboard video? Or the option to set your primary graphics device, AGP or PCI? If so set it to PCI.

Comment

Working...
          X