Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no MJPEG with RRunner Studio (Mill2)

hi folks,

lucky enough my Rainbow Runner Studio (for Mill 2) works by now, but still I can't capture using the MJPEG-Codec. RGB-capturing works fine so far, but when I try to capture in MJPEG-mode with the PC-VCR thingie, it always says "0 frames captured, 0 frames lost".
    Files are created, though, but they contain just audio data.
    I also tried capturing with Ulead MediaStudio Pro 5, but the results were the same.

I tried several different capture-settings, changed the resolution / colour depth of my screen, but with no effort.

I allready checked the IRQ-status of my card, it uses IRQ 11 exclusively. Here's what irqset3 says:

Found : Millennium II PCI
    Bus : 00h
    Dev : 0Ch
    Irq : 0Bh
    Triggered on : level
    Timer : 20h
    Bus Master : Enabled
    Memory : Enabled
    Base I : E6000008
    Base II : DE800000
    Base III : DE000000
    I/O : Enabled
    ISA bridge : 10B9h

None of the entries is red and blinking, so I guess everything's ok here.

here's my config:

Hardware: amd-k6-2 400Mhz on Asus P5A (ALi), 256 MB Ram, ide-hdds, Advance 2941 U SCSI (CD,CD-R,scanners)
    matrox mill2 pci bios 1.4 RR

Software: fresh installed win98se,display driver version 4.03.00.3520, vidcap 2.10

Any newer display driver I tried doesn't work (causes a black screen, only the mouse cursor appears).

Any hints are welcome,

Thomas

Thomas,

What happens if you remove the SCSI controller ?

Comment

Hi Pertti,

I removed both the SCSI Controler and the Ethernet-Card (that I forgot to mention in my first posting).

And I replaced the Millennium2 PCI through the AGP-version, just be sure that it's not a failure of that special card.

It didn't help at all! What am I doing wrong?

Thomas

Comment

Thomas,

Do a search in Matrox Hardware and General Hardware forums for ALI and Asus P5A, to check that you have followed the correct procedures in installing the drivers for the chipset (and to see which version of drivers to use),

Pertti

Comment

Thanks for the hint, but I had no succes yet.

I tried these bios-settings:

I disabled the FRAME BUFFER POSTED WRITE option.
          I set the AGP APERTURE SIZE to 256 Megs (old value: 64).
          I toggled the value for AGP BUS TURBO MODE.
          I toggled the value for PCI/VGA PALETTE SNOOP.

Installing ALi's newest AGP-driver (1.65) didn't help either.

Any more ideas?

Thanks a lot, Thomas

ah, and btw: this forum's software is sending mails dated to 01.01.1970...

Comment

Hello Pertti,

I finally made it. After reconfiguring my motherboard's bios it was possible to upgrade to a newer vga-driver. With this driver running mjpeg-capturing is no problem at all.

thanks for your hint!

I must say that installing a RRunner Studio really is an expert's job. I would describe myself as kind of a power user, but compiling my own linux kernel appeared easyer for me (better documented?) than getting this rrunner running!

thank you murc for doing a great service,

thomas

[This message has been edited by Thomas G (edited 08 May 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X