LiteOn 40x12x48 at great price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiteOn 40x12x48 at great price!

I thought you might like to know, www.scan.co.uk/today.htm has it, with 20off 24x Memorex CDR for £117.21 inclusive!!!40X (Zone-CLV) Record, 12X (CLV) Re-Write & 48X (CAV)Read technology.
    E-IDE Interface, support up to Ultra-DMA mode 2.
    Innovated SMART-BURN® technology to automatically
    check media quality and set limit to burning speed to
    ensure successful writing sessions & data retainability
    (can be turned off)
    Buffer underrun error free & automatically adjust writing
    strategy plus running OPC to meet various burning
    condition. (always active)
    Innovated SMART-X technology, support up to 48X
    speed Digital Audio Extration (DAE) and high speed VCD data extraction
    Supporting Mt. Rainier ; Plug & Play ; Emergency manual eject
    Supporting Fixed & Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode, Over-Burn.
    Read/Write CD, CD-R, CD-RW Disc up to 99min. (Orange Book Part 2,3)
    Easy-Tray® design for both horizontally & vertically use
    Gear-Driven tray disc-loading mechaniasm to Improve reliability & life, no any belt-loose belt-broken issue.
    VAS® Vibration Absorber System Mechanisam to reduce vibration & noise during read & write

I should ask for commission!

Tony.
    FT.

I've been eyeing these for the last week or so...
    Question is, do I go ahead and order one for $122 RIGHT NOW???
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

well at this rate, by April they'll be running at 96 speed and you'll get them given away when you 'Go Large'!

"Would you like a CDRW with that"?

I paid £96 for my 24x just before christmas. Sure I could get a lot better for my money now, but it has already paid for itself
      FT.

Comment

I can get the 32x10x40 for $95 atm
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Cheaper here!

Liteon 24102b (24wx10wrx40r)

£66.52 inc vat, Delivery approx £5.99 ex vat

Ebuyer

Just try not to send anything back. Their Returns department currently take 2 weeks to do anything
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I got one of those for £58 from a show a couple of weeks ago (actually the M version with a black front).

T.
            FT.

Comment

Not to pick, but... that's like $200, yeah?

And it can't really burn at 40x, no?

And it can't cut any new kinds of protection that the 24x can't, right?

And nobody sells 40x media yet, do they?

And even if they did, the difference in burn time between 24x and 12-40x variable is about 20 seconds, ya?

I'll stick with my 24x, thanks. And if I _were_ buying new, I'd probably STILL get the 24x, due to it being about $60 right now.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

So what do you take to keep the blood pressure down, Gurm?
                FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  Not to pick, but... that's like $200, yeah?
                  $165.02 at the current exchange rate plus hardware always costs more in the UK, it usually works out to $1 = £1
                  When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

How about the vibration level on these? I thought the manufacturers felt they were approaching the speed limit due to vibration. I see they have VAS technology. What's next, float the CDs in a magnetic field?
                    Last edited by xortam; 12 March 2002, 11:54.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Tony,

I just can't handle the whole "gotta have the next gen of fake technology" bandwagon. We've all been guilty of it at one point or another - bought something because the specs were higher only to determine that said specs were completely meaningless in the real world... or that the necessary accessories or media don't exist... etc. etc.

- Gurm

P.S. Yes, the vibration is a HUGE problem. There's a reason nobody makes REAL 40x drives.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

LOL and I paid $249 for my Plextor 8/4/32 drive in 2000.

Comment

LS don't remind me, I paid $200 for myine too. I replaced it late last year with a LTR-24102B that cost me $99. I see www.mwave.com have the LiteON 40X for $129, the Plextor 40X for $155. Of course you realise that burners are now at the stage where CDs have reached. It now makes not too much sense to try and make them faster. The good thing is that prices are falling.
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Get the Liteon, not the Plextor. Plextor can't cut SD2.5

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                            X