Netscape browser snooping on web searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netscape browser snooping on web searches

Now what does AOL want with that information ?
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

It is my belief that AOL-Time-Warner and Microsoft are both compiling information on everyone in the country, archiving anything that could be used to threaten or blackmail individuals in the future. If you are Joe Blow, they might not care, but if you are Senator X, they have you under their thumb, and essentially control the government.

Corporations laugh at the law.. they know the only law is the law of the jungle.. power is king, and they have it. We are all royally f*cked as far as having any future where we can enjoy any kind of freedom as individuals or as a society. Corporations will tighten their grips even more, until we become virtual slaves.. dumbed down and mentally twisted by Jerry Springer and his ilk until we can't even think for ourselves anymore, and true wisdom seems like folly.

Comment

This is only in regards to the built in search it performs by default. I read an article on this awhile back and will post back with a link if I can dig it up. From what I read I certainly wasn't happy... but then again I don't use Netscape search... I use Google instead by customizing it.

Also note that I'm not using Netscape but instead Mozilla and even in it I have removed the default search button.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You mean there's other search engines besides Google?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Technically no!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

not any more...

now that northernlight has changed its priorities. Altavista is just the same as Google. I really liked Northernlight too. I have a hard time finding stuff with Google
            AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X