Poor BBB Rating for Ulead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor BBB Rating for Ulead

Thought this might interest some.....Ulead still owes me $111.00 from a mistake their online order department made, and they choose to disreguard. (and I still use and value their products very highly)

Ulead Systems, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Report was developed from various sources, including the business, governmental agencies, and the experience of the company's customers.

For further information contact the Better Business Bureau of the Southland
    315 N. La Cadena, Colton, CA, 92324
    (909) 825-7280

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulead Systems, Inc.
    20000 Mariner Avenue Suite 200
    Torrance CA 90503

Business Started: 01/01/90
    File Open Date: 01/07/99
    Last Report Date: 01/28/02
    Principal Contact: Ronald Dizon

Phone: (310) 896-6388
    Fax: (310) 523-9399
    EMail: Not Available
    Web Address: http://www.ulead.com

Bureau ID: 13095196

Nature of Business
    This company's business is software and hardware products.

Bureau File Experience

Based on our standards, we rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business record. An unsatisfactory rating is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims. In this case, our complaint history for this company shows that although the business has responded to customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, some remain unresolved because the customers were not always satisfied with the company's response. A Better Business Bureau report is based on our file information and experience with an individual company over the past three years. The Bureau does not endorse, recommend, or disapprove of any company, product or service.

Additional Phone Numbers

(310) 523 - 9391 (310) 896 - 6389

Additional Trade names

There are no additional Trade Names for this company on file.

Additional Addresses

970 West 190th Street Suite 520
    Torrance, CA 90502

3715 Doolittle Drive
    Redondo Beach, CA 90278-1226
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Let's be quite clear on this.

What you report applies ONLY to this US concern. Who owns the capital? Is it a franchise or a subsidiary of the Taiwan company, partly or fully owned? Is the capital fully paid up?

I have had 3 or 4 transactions with U-Lead, Taiwan, and have never had the slightest problem. In fact, I received the DVD MF last week within a couple of weeks or ordering, by airmail, and the billing was done perfectly.

I therefore request that U-lead be not smeared because of one doubtful foreign operation.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian, it takes a lot for the "Better Business Bureau" to give any company a bad rating! Something is wrong here.

I've ordered two upgrades direct from Ulead, one by the web, one by phone, and had no problems. I believe both were shipped and billed to me by the US operation.

If this bad BBB report is true (and not a hoax or hacked web-site), U-Lead Taiwan better do something about it!

--wally.

Comment

Actually how easy or hard it is to get a "bad" rating from them depends on what local branch office you're dealing with.

If it's one of those Califlakey branches who think people should get refunds because the phase of the moon wasn't right when the purchase was made you could get one from a single complaint.

Dr. Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
          If it's one of those Califlakey branches who think people should get refunds because the phase of the moon wasn't right when the purchase was made you could get one from a single complaint.
          Hey I... um, darn, wrong moon... I'll be back in, lets see, 18 days. You'll get it then.

Jeff
          -We stop learning when We die, and some
          people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
          Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
          - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
          - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Let me make sure you understand my position. I have been doing business with Ulead for several years now, and there ain't much they make that I don't already own and use on a regular basis. And, I have never had a problem with Ulead before.

I ran into this problem when they had web site problems with the upgrade to MSP 6.5. I think several others had problems too.

Their "problem resolution" staff lied to me on several occasions and finally tricked me into returning an extra copy of MSP 6.5 for a refund that they refused to honor.

Thats it.

I plan to keep using Ulead software and keep upgrading as new versions come out. But, I will not expect a clean resolution should I encounter some problem on their "Web Site", as Ulead says they are a separate entity who they have no responsibilty for.

Ted
            Premiere PRO XP Pro
            Asus P4s533
            P4-2.8
            Matrox G450
            RT.x100
            45 GIG System Drive
            120 Export Drive
            Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
            Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
            17" P4-3 HT
            1024 RAM
            32 MEG GForce
            60 GIG 7200RPM HD
            80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
            DVD RW/RAM

Comment

AH!

I was bitten by that e-commerce issue. Took me a long time to get things corrected. Ulead did dissapoint me with that. From now on, I do not use their website anymore (CompUSA, MicroCenter, etc. sells their products).

Comment

Originally posted by Ted222
                Ulead says they are a separate entity who they have no responsibilty for.
                This is exactly the point I made in my first post. The US company is apparently not Ulead, at all, but just use the name. This happens a lot. When I was owner of a company in Switzerland, I was asked on two occasions by resellers to be allowed to use my company name for theirs'. I refused on the grounds that, if something went wrong, we would be back=splattered by the ensuing fuss.

However, in this case, I feel that Ulead have the responsibility to protect their own name and reputation. They could do this by withdrawing the right to use the name, although this would be stable-door-shutting, or, in the worst case, stopping supplies (and possibly setting up their own subsidiary).
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

My experience is exactly the opposite.

I've purchased software & updates from their site and not had a problem at all. This goes all the way back to the 5.2 update.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                  X