Men With No Brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men With No Brains

Please discuss the editorial of same name found on www.murc.ws here.

I would like to hear comments.

VigilAnt
    VigilAnt

Gentlemen, I have posted information that was cross-verified by more than 2 reliable sources I have. I explained why the information was vague, and am only wishing to keep all informed on the progress of this story. If the project gets squashed, MURC will be one of the first to post up such information. If I find out we were wrong, I will be the first to stand up and say I was wrong.

The accusations made about Ant and myself are completely false. Ant has no need to prove himself to the MURCers here, we all know he is a straight shooter when it comes to Matrox related items.

I have been watching the knee-jerk reactions wondering what the reaction would have been if I had released the entirity of the information I have gathered. Surely there would be men with no heads losing their lunch

ViglAnt
    VigilAnt

Comment

Take it easy. I believe that most of us here know what we are talking about. You provided a piece of information to the community. That's all. It is one's own judgement, to trust you or not, to believe it or not. You didn't claim that the information is an officially confirmed news. Those who demand a proof are just silly. If they believe that there were no truth in the information, why bother to get any proof? No one forces them to blieve that the information is nothing but truth. It's just like, if one says: "I suppose tomorrow will rain." And another says: "You fool! Why can't I see water dropping now???" I see no point in their agitation.
      Last edited by chaoliang; 10 March 2002, 15:31.

Comment

We know who will have the last laugh

Comment

I'm surprise you responded to "Man with no head"'s postings on the MURC front page. You're elevating his status to one that's not deserved. Many MURCers and Matrox faithful want to believe that Matrox will deliver the Holy Grail. Some users want to believe otherwise for whatever reason. Its all fun and games to speculate on what might be and to explore technical possibilities but in the end we need real HW and SW. I smile when I consider what this new card may be but I won't get too excited until its been shipped, banged on by the die-hards, and blessed as usable. I do have faith that Matrox will deliver outstanding products based on their new technologies but it doesn't seem like it will fit some user's needs for market leading 3D gaming at affordable prices. I'm sure I'll land up buying one of these new cards but I bet it won't make sense for me to buy the highest version this time. AFA MWNH ... don't feed the trolls.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            I'm surprise you responded to "Man with no head"'s postings on the MURC front page. You're elevating his status to one that's not deserved. Many MURCers and Matrox faithful want to believe that Matrox will deliver the Holy Grail. Some users want to believe otherwise for whatever reason. Its all fun and games to speculate on what might be and to explore technical possibilities but in the end we need real HW and SW. I smile when I consider what this new card may be but I won't get too excited until its been shipped, banged on by the die-hards, and blessed as usable. I do have faith that Matrox will deliver outstanding products based on their new technologies but it doesn't seem like it will fit some user's needs for market leading 3D gaming at affordable prices. I'm sure I'll land up buying one of these new cards but I bet it won't make sense for me to buy the highest version this time. AFA MWNH ... don't feed the trolls.
            This was not a direct response to the brainless wonder. This was a response to ALL of those who have contacted me with similar concerns, of which I admit were very few.

VigilAnt
            VigilAnt

Comment

Parhelia "rumors"

Hi! I'm back! Remember me? I'm that "biologist" who wrote that his "brother" who "works" at "Matrox" talked to him about said company's next part. Well, this week, he told me that they were "alpha" testing and that he'd seen the board. Also, he told me that you can actually read up on Parhelia (the technology) on Matrox's website! I also felt the need to say that I totally agree with what the person/people who posted information regarding Matrox's next product, that is, that some of you take computers and related topics a little too seriously (and that's an understatement). You DO need to spend a little time outside. In fact, if there are any other MURCers from Montreal, I suggest you go to the Botanical Gardens and see the "Butterflies Go Free" exhibit. Splendid! Anyway, just thought I'd keep all of you informed.

Take care

casa

Comment

This was not a direct response to the brainless wonder.
                Um, you posted to the front page of MURC with a subject title, "Men With No Brains". I don't see how that could be misinterpreted as anything but a direct response to MWNH's assertions that the latest rumors are a page-hit tactic.

To me, responding just lends an appearance of credibility to his insinuation. Why bother? You know it's not true. The past history of MURC doesn't lend any particular evidence that MURC posts news for page hits. The lack of ads on the front page would seem to indicate page hits would just cost MURC money, not generate revenue, so why reply at all?
                The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
                The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
                The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm

Um, you posted to the front page of MURC with a subject title, "Men With No Brains". I don't see how that could be misinterpreted as anything but a direct response to MWNH's assertions that the latest rumors are a page-hit tactic.

To me, responding just lends an appearance of credibility to his insinuation. Why bother? You know it's not true. The past history of MURC doesn't lend any particular evidence that MURC posts news for page hits. The lack of ads on the front page would seem to indicate page hits would just cost MURC money, not generate revenue, so why reply at all?
                  Um, Men With No Brains is a reference to comedic passage, nothing to do with the brainless wonder. If you ever followed George Carlin, you would see how it relates. Nothing to do with his highness on a shingle at Arse.

I felt the need to respond to those who may feel like what we posted was pure BullJive, a concoction for schemes so to speak. There is no advantage to MURC having high page hits, it makes no difference. The front page of MURC is for MURC users to find information they may find interesting and usefull. I believe what we post satisified both.

VigilAnt
                  VigilAnt

Comment

Well my feedback is (this forum is intended for feedback after all) that the "News" item was simply an unnecessary rebuttal that is beneath the typical integrity demonstrated by this site. The statements were addressing MWNH's specific accusations so its natural that readers of the ARS thread would see the item as a personal rebuttal. I don't know why you feel a need to defend the site against a very few who may have some misguided notions. I think you could have been more effective if you simply stated the facts that addressed the concerns and not resorted to rhetoric like "half of a brain" and such. MURC is better than that, in my opinion.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                      Well my feedback is (this forum is intended for feedback after all) that the "News" item was simply an unnecessary rebuttal that is beneath the typical integrity demonstrated by this site. The statements were addressing MWNH's specific accusations so its natural that readers of the ARS thread would see the item as a personal rebuttal. I don't know why you feel a need to defend the site against a very few who may have some misguided notions. I think you could have been more effective if you simply stated the facts that addressed the concerns and not resorted to rhetoric like "half of a brain" and such. MURC is better than that, in my opinion.
                      MURC is better than that. I agree. I am alllowed my own editorial on things, and I am sorry, but people with "half a brain" would be able to see this is pure rumor, not official announcement. What they choose to do with it is their business. Just don't start making the old "hit count" argument. Not here.

Next week, I will attack you and IceStorm personally on the front page

VigilAnt
                      VigilAnt

Comment

But but but, I'm beyond reproach.

Comment

Re: Parhelia "rumors"

Originally posted by casa
                          Hi! I'm back! Remember me? I'm that "biologist" who wrote that his "brother" who "works" at "Matrox" talked to him about said company's next part. Well, this week, he told me that they were "alpha" testing and that he'd seen the board. Also, he told me that you can actually read up on Parhelia (the technology) on Matrox's website! I also felt the need to say that I totally agree with what the person/people who posted information regarding Matrox's next product, that is, that some of you take computers and related topics a little too seriously (and that's an understatement). You DO need to spend a little time outside. In fact, if there are any other MURCers from Montreal, I suggest you go to the Botanical Gardens and see the "Butterflies Go Free" exhibit. Splendid! Anyway, just thought I'd keep all of you informed.

Take care

casa

Hum... Could you ask your brother to give you the exact address where I could "read up on Parhelia (the technology)" on the Matrox website because I did not find it...

Thanx!

Comment

Oh my god ... I just noticed I broke 3000 posts. I need to get a life. Time to get outside and walk the dog and reflect on this ...
                            Last edited by xortam; 10 March 2002, 17:10.

Comment

Hmmmm...I suppose posting a link to this thread over in the Ars thread is a bad idea?

(me ducks)

Comment

Working...
                              X