Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the G400 max have icdt and Motion Compensation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the G400 max have icdt and Motion Compensation??

Looking through the Matrox software DVD Player "HELP" file I found the mention of "icdt" and "motion compensation" support for video cards which have these features in their hardware. Does my G400 max have these features or not? I was watching Apocalypse Now and noticed some aweful combing, which leads me to believe that either the DVD had some really bad film or video data or that my G400 max does not have mtion compensation or icdt. So which is it?? Does my G400 max have it or not?

If my G400 max does not, then can't those be emulated with software given enough CPU power? If so, why isn't the software DVD player doing that?

Also, I installed an ATI rage 128 Pro AGP video card in my friends PC. Can they use my $9.95 Matrox DVD player software on their system with the ATI video card??

thanx

Not, the latter, no, dunno, dunno, dunno - you should try.
    If the newer Matrox DVD player is like the old version, it is just a software Cinemaster player. But because it is a "Matrox" customized version, it might only work on Matrox cards.

If I remember correctly, the Rage 128 has iDCT.
    Last edited by Tempest; 10 March 2002, 09:35.

Comment

Part deux of your post is answered in the other thread you created.

As for ICDT and Motion compensation, the G400 does not support this in hardware. The player on the other hand should... off loaded to the cpu.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

So what cpus you use in your htpcs? Do you think a celeron 700 MHz would be enough for all div3/x, xvid, dvd+dts needs?

Cheers, Hannes

Edit: of course with the G400.

Comment

I had a Celeron 566 in my HTPC, which was adequate, but I upgraded to a Celeron 1100 which allowed me to use VNC at the same time as doing everything else, without causing framedrops.

Comment

What's VNC?

A 566 celeron...did you use ffdshow for mpeg4 playback? With my K6-3 400 I experienced audio out of sync issues with div3-files, that's what I want to avoid, since I want to use this machine for all kinds of movies only.

Comment

VNC it a tool to clone and tunnel the desktop over TCP/IP to another PC, so you can remote control it easily.

FFDshow should be able to play back all non-HDTV mpeg4 material on a 350 MHz P2-class CPU without framedrops. K6 is much slower in some situations (video decoding probably is one of them).

Comment

A 400MHz K6-III should be fine with MPEG4 material up to at least 640x480 (works fine for me), provided your video overlay is working properly.
                Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Actually I was fairly happy that the used geforce2mx had motion compensation to offload the cpu, since with the Millennium it replaced videos were a big no-no.

I think dvds with dolby dts tracks need more power than these mpeg4 files with their mp3 tracks, right? Does anybody use high definition dvds? What would I need then?

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Working...
                  X