Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you REALLY love Matrox ?

If so, start a new religion !

What do you think the MURC is all about???

Joel
    Last edited by Joel; 10 March 2002, 13:32.
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
      What do you thing the MURC is all about???

Joel
      Answer: "The Church of the Holy Trinity and Some Guy Named Gary"

Ok ok, maybe not. I just thought it was funny.

If MURC is a religion, when are our holidays and who do we have to sacrifice?
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Sacrifices have been a bit rare lately, but will resume to facilitate the arrival of new hardware. The Acolyte will probably return from the heavens.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ok, what about MURC holidays?

We should have a holiday for each release date of every card Matrox has ever released. And what should we do on these holidays? You guessed it, VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!

P.S: For the sacrifices, only sacrifice video cards, and only non-Matrox video cards. Just remove the main chip and proceed to smash passionately with the biggest hammer you can find. matrox will be happy!

We have 4 gods, god of Graphics, Video Editing, Imaging and Networking. And Matrox is the god of all gods.

(if all this sounds way to crazy, it's because I'm bored at work)

Comment

Alright, obviously knowledge of the proper method of video card sacrifice has grown dim over the intervening years since mighty M made its last visitation in the form of G400MAX (bows head).

The proper method, as all true devotees will remember, is as follows:

Firstly, place the offending non-Matrox card upon an altar blessed for this purpose (preferably a large rock outdoors.)

Second, pray to the great M for forgiveness that you lost faith and purchased inferior hardware, disbelieving his return.

Thirdly, and after due prostration of yourself upon the altar, connect the data lines on the AGP connector of the offending non-Matrox video card to the stripped end of an electrical cord, and plug the cord into a convenient electical outlet. Chant weirdly over the ensuing fire.

Lastly, take a can of blue paint and pour its contents over the burned remains of that card which caused you to stray from the true path, until it is completely covered. When dry, sink the thing in a peat bog.

You may now go inside and enjoy your new Parhelia with renewed faith.

Comment

KvHagedorn: Granted.

But I prefer using physical force to sacrifice the card, I think it truly shows the strengh of your faith.

On a more serious note: I have "sacrificed" a card before. Man was it fun!

Comment

I've been known to have given non Matrox hardware "the screwdriver"

Hmm, wath card is this?

Lets pray off the heatsink.....

both the heatsink and the core comes of the board.....

Conclusion: only the glue was of high quality on that dead pos board!
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

On a more serious note: I have "sacrificed" a card before. Man was it fun!
                  I was near to "sacrifice" my SBLive Platinum with very physical force as well - now this d*mn POS sits in its box on the shelf and might go in my brothers work machine just for playing back mp3s through tiny computer boxes which I do believe is an apropriate "punishment".
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

What are you guys smoking?????

Can I have some.

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

The closest I've come to "sacrficing" hardware was when I first encountered the infamous speedhack in Counter-Strike. I took the Half-Life CD and tore it in half. Not snapped, or cut, but tore it barehanded.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                        The closest I've come to "sacrficing" hardware was when I first encountered the infamous speedhack in Counter-Strike. I took the Half-Life CD and tore it in half. Not snapped, or cut, but tore it barehanded.
                        Why?
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The last time I smashed some hardware was when I threw an defective power supply against the next wall around.
                          Reason was because it gave me such a nice shock I found myself crawling on the other side of my room, trying to to climb up the wall with my bare hands.
                          Aaaalways check the voltage when you try old hardware guys!

Anyway, I really "sacrificed" a Matrox card once: It was a G400 I found in an second hand shop (!) for DM5,- ($2,50). I plugged it in and nothing happened. Took it over to my friends and thought we have some fun while we talked about old hardware. We would sacrifice the G400! I threw the defective card on the ground (loud swearing included) and jumped a few times up and down on it! My friends were chanting "Matrox! Matrox!". Then we plugged it into an old PC that we had around (laughing while we did).
                          Guess what? The card showed a bootscreen!

Maybe they include some kind of karma in their card that you can activate through chanting?
                          Last edited by Schattenreiter; 11 March 2002, 06:31.
                          There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                          For so long as oneĀ“s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                          -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

Couldn't you RMA it?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid

Why?
                              I had it with all the cheaters, and the way the entire HL engine seemed to be designed specificaly to have as many flaws as is possible and still operate. And because it felt good...

Comment

Working...
                              X