G400 MAX problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX problems

i've downloaded the tweak utility and it says that my card is running on AGP1X, it doesn't help to change it to AGP4X and reboot. Does anyone here know what's the problem?

Then i have another problem that's more important to solve.
    Way to many divx movies lag when I look at them on my TV. And yes, I have Divxg400 installed.

What could be the problem? I was thinking if it could be my harddrive, i often have about 3 uploads, but my bandwith is limited to 760kbit and i think my barracuda IV should be fast enough, dont you agree??

If i can get the card to run at AGP2x/4x do you think the problem will be solved??

please help!

forcing AGP 2x or 4x won't solve anything (and won't gain you anything other than possible instability either).

For those problems with DivX and stutters, you might want to do a forum search

Comment

Could you tell a bit more about your system? Processor, mainboard, memory, OS, driver version... That sort of thing.

Most G400 cards won't run at over 2x AGP - some of the earlier G400's just dont support it, and most mainboards AGP has too much bus noise for the G400 to do that. You should be able to get AGP 2x, though.

Things to check:
      -Do you have the latest Tweak Util?
      -Have you tried to go into Windows safe mode, then use the Tweak Util to force AGP 2x and reboot into normal mode?
      -Is AGP speed restricted from your mainboard BIOS (probably not, since the higher AGP choices were not greyed out)?

Do you have DMA enabled on your Barracuda? Do you have auto-FPS conversion activated on DivXG400? What kind of quality setting do you have on the DivX codec? Try looking at the codec options and moving the slider all the way to the left. Also try shutting down all other programs, and maximizing the DivX on the primary display - is the stutter as bad as it was?
      Last edited by Tempest; 10 March 2002, 07:40.

Comment

Working...
      X