• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 PCI - Asus T2P4 @ FSB 75Mhz

HI there !

I have an old System:
    Asus T2P4 (HX-Chipset), WIN98 SE, AMD K6 400, 64 MB, 2 Harddisks, 32xCDRom

For 2 years i used a Matrox Mystique 4MB PCI together with the AMD K6 400 @ 456 Mhz (5,5*83Mhz FSB) ....randomly i crashes !
    The i switched back to 412 Mhz (5,5*75Mhz FSB) ....runs very stable !!!
    2 months ago i changed the graphic card to a second hand MATROX G200 PCI 8MB SDRAM due to the use of OPENGL !

Now my problem:
    The system crashes very often 412 Mhz (5,5*75Mhz FSB) with a blue screen (Excepion fault G200 blah blah ....) and sometimes graphics problems at windows desktop using windows applications , only Q3 Arena and other 3D Games are running very stable !!!!!!! I am using the latest Driver for G200 PCI (PD 6.82.016) !

There are no troubles at FSB 66 Mhz (6*66Mhz FSB = 396 Mhz) !
    But i won´t switch back to FSB 66 MHz (btw. my old Mystique did FSB 83 Mhz !!!!!!).

Does any one know a trick getting this G200 PCI working at FSB 75 Mhz ?????

Thanx :-)

Turl

It's probably not the G200. That thing runs great on high AGP speeds, and that probably carries over to PCI as well. What I have seen on my own systems is that the new video card is changing the power drain on your system. In my case, increasing the CPU core voltage 100mV worked, even though the CPU was fine before at the lower voltage.

But if your system really is unstable, dropping to 66MHz and increasing your CPU multiplier isn't a great loss.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi wombat

putting back my old mystique in the system, it´s all fine at 75mhz !
      reinstalling my g200, giving more Volts (2,2V @ 2,4V) to my K6 400, it crashes same like before :-((((

changing back to 66 mhz fsb .....rock stable !!!!!!!!

.....any other ideas there ?

Comment

Some cards are more sensible to PCI bus overclock. Maybe it's just that your G200 does not like the 75 Mhz bus speed?

Gxis!

Macbeth

Comment

Working...
        X