Todays birthdays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays birthdays!

Again 2 guys that have registerd but never posted! To lazzy to check it out but my guess is that we have over 3000 members that have never posted!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

we have over 3000 members that have never posted!
    Hehe. You know what that means!

Hellloooo nVidia Competitive Analysis Team!

I seee yooou ATi Market Evaluation Group!
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I noticed last night that the newest member was listed as "nVidia Sales"

email address is www.nvidia.com

Comment

Mayby we should have a inactivity timer.........
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

How many registerd members does MURC have?

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
            How many registerd members does MURC have?
            CRAP!!

I was bored last week and counted, but I can't remember now.

I noticed last night that the newest member was listed as "nVidia Sales"

email address is www.nvidia.com
            Probably good that he works in sales if he thinks www.nvidia.com is an email address.
            Last edited by Strahd; 11 March 2002, 09:43.
            #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
            people do all day!"

Comment

We have a total of 8960 members! Of them that have registered this year 140 have never posted! And the total # of members that have never posted is 2001! And then ofcource another 1900 that have posted only once (most likley dual accounts)!
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Clearly the same guy registerd twice and newer posted!

Comment

Probably good that he works in sales if he thinks www.nvidia.com is an email address.
                  Ahem.. yes, sorry.. I meant home page not email address..

Comment

there should be a timer on how many days last visited the murc not last posted. like a year or something. Just cos ppl dont post doesnt mean that they dont get any information out of the forums, some people are just shy i guess
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Or just simply enjoy reading
                      There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                      For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                      -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

You don't have to register if you are just going to read!

Comment

You can pose with it!

" I am on MURC! *snort* An´ you´re not!"

No, really. I guess you are right Guru. Maybe the people first register before they read in a forum.
                          There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                          For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                          -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

I believe registering will also let you use polls (ok, suppose that is posting in a way), as well as viewing new posts, and profile options and stuff.

What would removing 5,000 accounts save though? No bandwidth saving which will be the main cost I'd guess.

Wonder how many inactive accounts there are around the web! Plus, the other thing that hit me the other day is traffic! I got 300 spam mails in a week to my usual Hotmail account, and 100 to a second one. Say 2KB per mail, that's 800KB per week to my accounts. Take a million Hotmail accounts? 750GB/wk. Take Yahoo, ISPs etc etc etc. How much junk flies around this Internet? I'd say 90% of my traffic is worthwhile, but I suppose that doesn't take into account poorly compressed images, or highly optimised code.

Plus there's adverts too I suppose, which counts towards my traffic. Just curious how much faster then net would be if we cut this spam/wastage etc down. Quite a bit...means I wouldn't be complaining as much about my modem!

I think the irrelevant data being transferred will be quite beyond human comprehension anyway.

Quite a mad little thought I had then obviously

And Modem! That reminds me of my thread...

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Guru, look at todays birthdays for another 'fine' example of double registering...
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X