Arrrrggggggggggggghhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrggggggggggggghhh

New Monitor after two weeks suddenly without any disturbance of any kind suffers from Grille element overlap which causes thin vertical lines across the monitor.
    The book says turn up the contrast and brightness to max and open a white background at the effected area the lines will go.
    So I open up notepad and place it over the effected area. No effect after ten minutes. I get a little annoyed and give the monitor a little tap and I mean a little and they go away.
    Next day switch the monitor on and they're back but in a slightly different place so I do the same cure.
    I ring up the tech support and they say in hushed tones give it a tap. So I confess I've done that. The phones quiet while she talks to a techie and comes up with the book solution but leave it much longer.
    So this time I leave it half n hour still the same give it another tap and they're gone. Turn it on today and there back in the orginal place but more of the screen effected.
    Looks like another exchange to do. I don't want to do it as the thing weighs bloody 30kg and I have to carry it up and down stairs. But I've paid over half a grand for it and I'm now wishing I bought a LCD monitor instead.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

lcd's rock. i'll never buy another crt.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I still reckon I got the voodoo curse on me.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

TP, sounds like they're using second quality crts to cut costs.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah well I'm on the swap out warrenty run now. This one was boxed up like new but I know from past experiance they may ship you a marginal unit that someone else has returned.
          The next question is my consumer rights. Once I started claiming on the swap out can I ask for a refund? In some markets you can't as it means you've accepted the merchandise whether this applies to computing or not I don't know.

Sorry I forgot to mention it's a Mitsubish Diamond Plus 220.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

LOL Mitsubishi's very own monitors! Bwahahahaaa

Sorry couldn't contain it

Completely reject the notion of tapping to fix... that's BS! If neccessary call, email what ever means you have at you disposal and bitch, whine, moan, gripe and complain til they give in... accept nothing less than a full refund.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Don't worry I ain't going with the tap to fix as it shouldn't occur in the first place. As for a refund I don't think I'd go to mitty probably the orginal company I bought it from.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Guess what Mitsubishi are reluctant to swap it out saying it will go away in two too three weeeks as it's known problem.
                This could turn ugly and I can see the small claims court coming into action.
                Funnily enougth it's better today but I think they'll be back.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

If it will go away in three weeks why didn't they burn it in fr the required time. Oh shit I guess they didn't want to spend the money for the electricity that would use up. I say **** 'em and go get your refund
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

jeez, TP, you do have crappy luck...

hope you get it sorted out
                    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X