PDA

View Full Version : Happy Happy Joy (Parhelia)

ZokesPro
7th March 2002, 10:59
About the recent articles: Who will actually buy one?

For me, well it comes down to this. If I can afford it and it performs great then my machine will be honored with one.

I am a follower of Matrox. (I've always loved them, plus they are a Canadian Company! Woohoo!) I had a Millenium II PCI, an M3D and a G200. They were great.

But now adays, there needs to be more competition out there, I find the cards out there to be fine but I always loved the way Matrox would work hard to bring out some VERY decent drivers. (among other good things, of course!)

More competition is good, if Matrox can take the lead for X amount of time then all the power to them! I want performance AND I want quality, but we'd rather have both than just one. And I'm convinced Matrox can give us both.

But we need to be patient. :)

J1NG
7th March 2002, 11:12
Who wants to buy one? Me! Me! :)

From what's been said though, I want the "High End" one. But from what's been said, that's being released later...

I WANT ONE NOW! :)

Price is no problem. I hope ;)

J1NG

Nicram
7th March 2002, 11:14
There is only one thing, that I need. Quality. Speed ofcours, need to be x2 faster than G400 (for me enough). But Quality. Must be much better. If this is possible :)

Ant
7th March 2002, 11:19
Matrox's primary goal remains quality so no need to worry about that, expect their next part to concentrate on that heavily.

Dogbert
7th March 2002, 11:50
I hope that Quality doesn't stand as the same "Quality" the G200 OpenGL was...:eek:

rubank
7th March 2002, 12:02
What openGL?

impact
7th March 2002, 12:23
Originally posted by ZokesPro

I am a follower of Matrox. (I've always loved them, plus they are a Canadian Company! Woohoo!)

Just thinking about how much better Matrokses products would be if they weren't canadian brings tears to my eyes. :P

mute
7th March 2002, 15:59
French Canadians to be precise

you can hate them now

Ali
7th March 2002, 19:39
Does it matter if there is no openGL? The G200 would play the games of the day (Quake2) with its D3D wrapper, at ok speeds.

If this new card is so fast, then do you care if you can play Unreal2 at 1600X1200X64 at 250fps with 'real' openGL drivers, or would you be happy at 1600X1200X64 at 100fps if you could buy the card sooner?

Just a thought

Ali

mute
7th March 2002, 19:44
Games aren't everything

KvHagedorn
7th March 2002, 19:59
Just thinking about how much better Matrokses products would be if they weren't canadian brings tears to my eyes. :P

That's not a nice thing to say after M went out of their way to employ all those recent Czech immigrants. :p

impact
7th March 2002, 23:20
My vision is, of course, skewed by the South Park movie, and Celine Dion... but the point is, I couldn't care less about which country they are from, as long as they keep producing perfect gfx cards...

MetalCartman
7th March 2002, 23:59
My vision is, of course, skewed by the South Park movie, and Celine Dion...

LOL:cool:

But neither Celine Dion nor Bryan Adams work at Matrox...I hope so:D

And Terrance & Phillip do also not work at Matrox, because they wouldn't care about their NDA:cool:

Any other hardcore SouthPark fans out there?

xortam
8th March 2002, 00:04
Howdy Ho!

impact
8th March 2002, 04:00
<-- A fan of anything, as long as it's cartoony... :)

And now I recall the exact line...

Blame Canada! Blame Canada! Why did everything go wrong since Canada came along? Blame Canada!

DuRaNgO
8th March 2002, 05:30
I love that song, and I'm french :D

MetalCartman
8th March 2002, 06:03
Yeah, and when Matrox' new "things" are in stores, we'll all together sing "Uncle F**ka" to the nVidiots!:D ;) :D

(I hope noone is offended now, "Uncle F**ka" is just a song from the SouthPark movie....)

knirfie
12th March 2002, 06:27
I'll join in with the singing :cool:

knirfie
12th March 2002, 06:35
I'd also want there to be a mobile parhelia, i travel a lot for my study and need a new laptop soon, I WANT PARHELIA (otherwise i'll have to take ATI).

Death to all the nVidiots (sorry, it's nothing personal)

MetalCartman
12th March 2002, 10:40
Yeah, I'd like one of these too, would be a "Dream Team" if paired with a mobile 2.4GHz P4 Northwood in a nice Compaq notebook! :D

If there'll be such a mobile "thing", it would not be too far away.... Matrox did a huge deal with Compaq, I remember G550s in their Evo Workstations...;)

knirfie
14th March 2002, 06:56
We can only hope, we can only hope.

knirfie
18th March 2002, 09:44
OK, this forum is dead.

Schattenreiter
18th March 2002, 09:52
Mobile dual AthlonXP 2,2Ghz with an Matrox Parhelia would be a dreamteam!

Death to all Gefarts! :D

knirfie
18th March 2002, 10:54
I'm still going for the mobile parhelia with 128mb and a mobile P4 2.5 ghz, 1 gb RAM, 2 60gb harddisks and a dvd-burner, guess i still have a long time to wait. :( :( :( :(

Jammrock
18th March 2002, 11:22
For that rig you'll have to wait a looooooooooong time. 1) Desktop P4's aren't even at 2.5 GHz, let a long the mobiles. 2) Matrox has never released a mobile graphics card. If the Parhelia is designed to be a professional grade card as so many have hinted at, then I doubt it could be ported to a mobile solution...at least not easily and cost effectively. 3) Good luck finding a movile DVD-RW any time soon.

Jammrock

cjolley
18th March 2002, 11:51
I don't understand the problem.
He'll just need a realy long extention cord. :D
Chuck

knirfie
19th March 2002, 04:05
The wait for the processor is soon over, the dvd-writer and the mobile parhelia will be the problem.

2 GHz on a notebook!

KeiFront
19th March 2002, 05:54
Nice Key :D