No announcement yet.

Matrox Marvel G200 – Analogue recording to enabled Digital 8 camera…. Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Marvel G200 – Analogue recording to enabled Digital 8 camera…. Problems

At the moment I am in transition between an Analogue and Digital editing system. I currently use a Matrox Marvel G200 to capture and edit my video. I have sold my old 8mm camcorder and have upgraded to a SONY Digital 8 TR7000E. I have also purchased a Digi-8 widget from Datavision to enable a SONY TR7000E camcorder. Installation was a sucess and I am now able to record via the analogue ports of the camcorder from a normal VCR.
    (I have been unable to test the Firewire connection yet as I do not yet have a firewire card).

However there appears to be an incompatibility between the Matrox Marvel G200 and the camcorder when recording to the camcorder via normal MJPEG files, the colours recorded into the Sony TR7000E are distorted with differing colour bands, running horizontally (Yellow, Green,Magenta). Recording from other video sources to the Sony TR7000E is fine with stable picture and colours.

Recording from the Matrox to a standard VCR via the composite leads is also stable, the only problem arises when going directly from the Matrox Marvel to the camcorder.

I believe this could well be related to the output colour range of the MJPEG files which are 16 bit colours, I assume that the TR7000E is wanting a 24bit signal.... (The MJPEG files are a a resolution of 352x288 Quarter resolution).

Is anyone else aware of the problem ? Is anyone aware of any work around for this problem.... ??

or would it be best just to purchase a Firewire card and send the files to the camcorder digitally....??

My favoured firewire card is the ADS Pyro, is anyone aware of any problems with this and a Marvel card on the same system ?

Your thoughts and suggestions for this problem would be most appreciated.
Working...
X