Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Home Theater HELP

Hi,

I need some advice from anyone who (even thinks he) knows about HT, some of you guys know more than I do, that's fo sure.

My setup (for those who 4got):

Yamaha HTR5170 (85W x 5)
    Wharfedale Modus One Six

I want to add rears and a center channel and my setup and a dealer proposed me these which are cheaper than the Modus line and have great reviews:

Wharfedale Diamond 8.1
    Wharfedale Diamond 8 Center

The question / problem:

My modus One Six are: 8 Ohm with 93Db
    The proposed Diamond series are: 6 Ohm with 86 Db

The Diamond series 8 had stellar reviews in many Hi-Fi magazines so I'm also afraid they might be too dominant as rears.

Since I can't test it at home, I need all the advice I can get

Thanks in advance

Actually they would be on the quiet side... which means you will need to push the rear surround channels much more than the front to balance it out.

Despite the lower impedence of these speakers, they are considered low effeciency designs. With the front being of high effeciency design they would sound off at 7dB higher for the same amout of power (ie volume control setting). This difference is considerable as they really should be of matched effeciency.

The main speakers are ~2.25x more effecient than the proposed rear surround speakers.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Greebe,

I'll propably go for the Modus Music Center with Modus 8 as rears

Comment

Working...
      X