PDA

View Full Version : Announced Soon, released...?

Pyrophos
7th March 2002, 00:43
Now that VigilAnt wrote a nice, humble and very modest ;) article on the front page, maybe it is time to start speculating when the card is actually released.

So, if the card is announced Soon™, when do you think you will actually get your hands on it? There was a nice program generating random number of dates for this, but I personally think the date is Soon™ + Soon™ = 2Soon™.

What do you think?

(Hmmm... 2Soon™ sounds like "too soon"... is that an omen?)

Ant
7th March 2002, 00:52
Announced May available July my guess.

[GDI]Raptor
7th March 2002, 04:25
Yes Ant, sounds logic to mee to!

Technology announced at GDC perhaps
Products featuring this new technology announced in May (E3)
Products availible in mid july

Nappe1
7th March 2002, 13:30
Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
Yes Ant, sounds logic to mee to!

Technology announced at GDC perhaps
Products featuring this new technology announced in May (E3)
Products availible in mid july

this sounds most reasonable...
or maybe we hear about parhelia even earlier than GDC.

Rimfaxe
7th March 2002, 22:13
Originally posted by Ant
Announced May available July my guess.

Wasn't the G400 announced in may and available in july? I can't remember, but this is an omen and i like it!

Well, if it is not more then $600 i'll get one asap!

KvHagedorn
8th March 2002, 01:27
Wasn't the G400 announced in may

yes.

and available in july?

heh.. theoretically.. :p

I'm thinking of the Max though, which I finally ordered from the Matrox store, because I wouldn't settle for a non-Max and it was unavailable ANYWHERE else for what seemed like forever. Guess I'll just preorder the Parhelia (assuming they don't charge my card immediately and send the thing 3 months later. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm gonna get the good one :D

Sasq
8th March 2002, 01:53
Which good one would that be KvH?

the good one, the real good one, the absolutly fantastic one or the 'I'm sorry honey I need to sell you and the kids for a PC upgrade' one? :D

KvHagedorn
8th March 2002, 02:03
We'll see when the prices and features are announced. I sure as hell don't want to spend over $1000 for the thing.. I mean, please.. :rolleyes:

Ant
8th March 2002, 04:25
Depends which "thing" you want, there will be "things" not just "a thing" and obviously different things will command differnt prices. The "thing" that meets your requirements may be the lowest of the "things" with the lowest price so you won't be paying the $1000 for the "best thing". And if things play out according to plan even the "lowest thing" will be much better than the "best things" from other manufacturers. :)

mdhome
8th March 2002, 04:40
It seems that things aint what they used to be:)

Regards MD

TdB
8th March 2002, 04:41
I wonder how the best "thing" will do against the competion in that market, will they go after the very high-end against 3dlabs or the extreme high-end against SGI? If the lowest "thing" can beat the gf4, i guess the quadro is no problem at all. I donīt really know where the ATI fireGL fits though.

or will the best "thing" be a video-editing solution?

based on the rumored prize, I guess SGI is out of their reach though.

Ant
8th March 2002, 05:16
Any video editing will be via a separate add-on from the Video Products Group such as the RT2500.

DuRaNgO
8th March 2002, 05:28
That way you can have a "cheap" video editting solution or a blow your head off one ;)