Announced Soon, released...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announced Soon, released...?

Now that VigilAnt wrote a nice, humble and very modest article on the front page, maybe it is time to start speculating when the card is actually released.

So, if the card is announced Soon™, when do you think you will actually get your hands on it? There was a nice program generating random number of dates for this, but I personally think the date is Soon™ + Soon™ = 2Soon™.

What do you think?

(Hmmm... 2Soon™ sounds like "too soon"... is that an omen?)
    "Time is fun when you are having flies"
    - Kermit the Frog

"You know it's good when all your friends who know nothing about electronic music say 'what the hell is that crap!?'"
    -hotlizard@discogs.com

Announced May available July my guess.

Comment

Yes Ant, sounds logic to mee to!

Technology announced at GDC perhaps
      Products featuring this new technology announced in May (E3)
      Products availible in mid july

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
        Yes Ant, sounds logic to mee to!

Technology announced at GDC perhaps
        Products featuring this new technology announced in May (E3)
        Products availible in mid july
        this sounds most reasonable...
        or maybe we hear about parhelia even earlier than GDC.
        "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
          Announced May available July my guess.
          Wasn't the G400 announced in may and available in july? I can't remember, but this is an omen and i like it!

Well, if it is not more then $600 i'll get one asap!

Comment

Wasn't the G400 announced in may
            yes.

and available in july?
            heh.. theoretically..

I'm thinking of the Max though, which I finally ordered from the Matrox store, because I wouldn't settle for a non-Max and it was unavailable ANYWHERE else for what seemed like forever. Guess I'll just preorder the Parhelia (assuming they don't charge my card immediately and send the thing 3 months later.

Yeah, I'm gonna get the good one

Comment

Which good one would that be KvH?

the good one, the real good one, the absolutly fantastic one or the 'I'm sorry honey I need to sell you and the kids for a PC upgrade' one?
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

We'll see when the prices and features are announced. I sure as hell don't want to spend over $1000 for the thing.. I mean, please..

Comment

Depends which "thing" you want, there will be "things" not just "a thing" and obviously different things will command differnt prices. The "thing" that meets your requirements may be the lowest of the "things" with the lowest price so you won't be paying the $1000 for the "best thing". And if things play out according to plan even the "lowest thing" will be much better than the "best things" from other manufacturers.

Comment

It seems that things aint what they used to be

Regards MD
                    Interests include:
                    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I wonder how the best "thing" will do against the competion in that market, will they go after the very high-end against 3dlabs or the extreme high-end against SGI? If the lowest "thing" can beat the gf4, i guess the quadro is no problem at all. I donĀ“t really know where the ATI fireGL fits though.

or will the best "thing" be a video-editing solution?

based on the rumored prize, I guess SGI is out of their reach though.
                      Last edited by TdB; 8 March 2002, 05:45.
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Any video editing will be via a separate add-on from the Video Products Group such as the RT2500.

Comment

That way you can have a "cheap" video editting solution or a blow your head off one
                          System 1:
                          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                          Epox 8K7A
                          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                          SBLIVE 5.1
                          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                          3Com Hardware Modem
                          Teac 20/10/40 burner
                          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                          X