Parhelia!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia!!!

Please discuss the article titled "Parhelia" posted on www.murc.ws here.

VigilAnt
    VigilAnt

Your article seems to correlate well with recent speculations in TCB. I hope Matrox spells out their roadmap at the offset so we know when and where to jump in. I only on planning on buying one video card this year and I want to get it right. I've been happy with the Max for the last 2 1/2 years but it may be about time for an upgrade. Bring it on!
    Last edited by xortam; 6 March 2002, 22:43.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Seeing that it had been posted on the front page for 20 minutes and no new posts were made here about it, I was going to start a thread, but you beat me to it

Honestly, I wasn't really surprised by the info posted. Had always suspected that Matrox had something up their sleeve.

10. It should be announced within a month, maybe two.
      So it will be announced soon and not Soonâ„¢?

11. If you want one and can afford it, you should be happy this summer.
      Woohoo!

Comment

Anyone want to buy my slightly used Radeon 8500?

Comment

Nope
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
            Anyone want to buy my slightly used Radeon 8500?
            You will have a hard time giving one away this summer. Trust me.

VigilAnt
            VigilAnt

Comment

All I can say is....

TEE-HEE!!!

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

1. It is very real
                2. Yes, I said it is real. Not fake.

2a. The discussion thread for Parhelia is posted under Matrox Hardware not The Crystal Ball.

Comment

Hmm...

I'd love for this too be true, and if it is, I'll purchase the 256mb Cad versions (hopefuly it'll be PCI-X), but "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"but maybe the video card market will turn out ot be another Hyedi Game... In any case, I hope Matrox anounces SOMETHING soon...
                  I'd like to Glide my T-Buffered foor up nVidia's Transformed and Lighted ass...

Comment

Originally posted by Finberg
                    2a. The discussion thread for Parhelia is posted under Matrox Hardware not The Crystal Ball.
                    That's just because VigilAunty is a newbie, and doesn't know where speculations and rumors belong
                    I've already harrassed VA on ICQ, but he insists his rumors are better than the speculations in the Crystal Ball, so they should be here.

Keep in mind, these ARE still just rumors, as is stated in VA's "news"...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Faster by a huge margin of victory ...

Cool ! I really liked some of your sentences in the latest news item, Vigil Ant.

Especially the > 256 Bit bus width seems to be VERY interesting and I really appreciated that one too: "Memory speed will be faster than the current fastest (a GeForce4). Faster by a huge margin of victory."

He he !

As I read on I found: "It will have the most powerful Transform and Lighting unit available."

He he he !

One thing I really disliked came at the end: "Parhelia will be more expensive than current high end cards"

Oooooooops !

MK
                      <font size="1">
                      Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                      ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                      Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                      2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                      256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                      Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                      ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                      Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                      Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                      Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                      HP Deskjet 959C
                      Plantronics LS1 Headset
                      all on W2k Professional SP2
                      </font>

Comment

YEEEEEEEEHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHA !!!!!

OK it will be VERY expensive but I already want it !!! I have to start saving money right now !
                        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Parhelia

It sounds to me like an updated list from along Norway (?!). Bit me Boy but it maybe Oy.

Comment

Anyone want to buy my slightly used G400MAX?
                            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Remember millennium with mga storm (mga2064w)...

It was in our past, after Impression and Impression+ cards (witch were quite bas in MSDOS env but far ahead in win 3.1 !). The mga millennium ! New memory, very fast (the famous WRAM)! It was priced very (very) high, and was at the top of benchmarks for YEARS (even with the arrival of 128bits cards (it was 64bits).

Oh ! It was the first 'low priced' graphic card with 3d features (not as we know today, but only a few features).

Parhelia could be the REAL successor of the original millenium ! (Mill II, and G-series where only following the others card manufacturers !)
                              Last edited by boorce; 7 March 2002, 02:00.
                              I've owned MGA Millenium, Millenium G200,... GeForce (to trash !) replaced in two days by a MillG400 DH. And waiting for the fantastic Matrox MGA Soon..

Comment

Working...
                              X