I'm free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm free!!!

I'm now out from under the corporate firewall! My wife's company switched our home DSL over to a private ISP so I can manage my own firewall now which means on-line gaming and video conferencing finally. They switched our 384 SDSL Covad line over to Megapath and we're getting 322K/323K at the moment (according to DSLReports). I'll check the speeds again late at night and see if it picks up some. The company gave us a 1-port Linksys but I swapped it out for a 4-port Linksys that I bought yesterday. This 4-port includes a USB port (3 Ethernet and 1 USB) so a visiting non-networked laptop can join in. The security sites tested my network as being secure so I'm now on the air. I can't wait to check out some Q3A. I haven't even bothered gaming much since my pings were atrocious on the v.90 dial-up which only connected at 45.2 this last year. I may never get around to look for a job now! I just had to let you all now ... I'm a happy guy.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Good for you. As I like to say: "They'll take away my DSL when they pry it from my dead fingers."

Chuck
    P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

Working...
    X