Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any full screen TV-out except Matrox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any full screen TV-out except Matrox?

Busy putting together my new dual box system. So far, I have transferred the G400-TV to the new box and will install W2K on this machine. On the 98SE box, I am currently stuck with my husband's old AIW 128. My first ATI card sucked and this one seems no better. TV out on these things is vitually worthless.

Is there a card, besides Matrox, that has real, full screen TV out? How about the new Geforce4 cards? If Matrox is still the one and only, I will probably get a G550 for the new machine and keep the G400-TV with the 98 box so it retains it's full functionality. I am awaiting the verdict on the 8500DV on this board, but I am not that hopeful due to previous experience with the "Wonder." (I immediately wondered why I bought it -- then turned around and took it back. This was before my between my very first Matrox card and my original G200 and Rainbow Runner combo.)

I've heard that the new Radeon line has full screen TV-out in the drivers, but its kinda buggy. **UNCONFIRMED**
    AMD Athlon-C 1200MHz
    512MB Crucial PC133 CAS2
    MSI K7T Turbo
    45GB IBM Deskstar 75GXP
    Plextor Ultraplex 40x
    Matrox G400 16MB Dualhead
    Matrox RRG add-on
    19" Samsung SyncMaster 955DF
    GNU/Linux (and Windows 2000 Professional)

Comment

The Xcard form Sigmadesigns.com may be worth a look at
      it can output hardware decoded Mpeg 1/2/4 (Divx)
      with full overscan .
      however its not out till next month .
      it was also mentioned that later the drivers
      will support all directshow output to TV.
      Via software decoding of course , this may let
      the thing be used to preview in MSP .

the Xcard is output only ,no video capture, no VGA.

zeb
      My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
      win98se
      Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

Working...
      X