Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox Monitor Wizard For Samsung 900NF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Monitor Wizard For Samsung 900NF?

I'm trying to fix the Win2K monitor refresh rate bug when running D3D and OpenGL games.

I'm currently running 1280 x 960 at 101Hz for 2D but get 60Hz for 3D.

I tried using the "Adjust A Different Display Mode" trick but it doesn't have the exact entry for my Samsung 900NF monitor. The closest I got was a VESA setting for about 85Hz on all the modes.

The question is, will Matrox release an update to the monitor list so I can finally pick the 900NF in that list?

Matrox is limited by the manufactures willingness to give them the appropriate monitor INF files. This has been freely open to all monitor manufactures, yet they don't feel like playing ball.

I personally contacted Samsung about the inf files for the old 4Ne monitor I have for use with WinXP and they stated that they wouldn't be updating it... basically you're on your own buddy... I say F*ck Samsung and made my own.

Sorry I don't run Win2K so cannot say exactly how to address this tho I do know it's possible.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks, mate!

Follow-up question, if ever Matrox released an update for my monitor, would that be included in their win 2K driver?

P.S.
      Has Matrox updated any of the other monitors in that list, btw?

Comment

They update the monitor list as fast as the manufactures send the newer inf files.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X