Matrox and Anti-Aliasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox and Anti-Aliasing

We recently developed a program that (in software) allows for 16x 3dfx style anti-aliasing (in Windows NT/2000/XP, do to memory limitations in 9x/ME we developed an 8x version), right now it's simply an operational demmo, but this week it will be capable of being run on screen shots, and able to be applied to games later this month. After that we'll begin customizing it to run on specefic chipsets, and I placed a Matrox program at the top of the list, post your toughts here, I'll post a link to the FTP where you can download the demo in a sec...
    I'd like to Glide my T-Buffered foor up nVidia's Transformed and Lighted ass...

nice one, but do you think any matrox cards will be powerful enough to do this in software?
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

I don't think they are powerfull enough to do it hardware either...

Comment

Do you know Matrox drivers can just emulate antialiasing in software (only in D3d mode)?
        Antialiasing is not enabled by default in the drivers (high performance loss). The only way is to do it through the software if it allows.
        So is your software layer capable to do antialiasing also for OpenGL?
        Last edited by Venturer; 4 March 2002, 04:29.
        ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

I recently tried a flightsim from microsoft, i think it was "combat flightsimulator" or something, i don´t quite renember.
          you could enable fullscene-antialiacing, and it actually worked on a g400max
          I think microsoft made a software-fallback or just enabled edge-antialiacing instead or something, and performance was actually not that bad, 20fps-15fps or something in 1024*768*32, and yes i could SEE the difference!
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

just to straighten out some facts:

G200 does AA in hardware and so does the G400, if the app calls for it ...

For example run 3D Winbench 99 or newer and have a look at their AA tests.
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

i knew it could do egde-aa, but i didn´t knew it could do fsaa.
              This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

You see...

I beleive the Matrox cards do do hardware aa, but this is 3dfx aa (the highest quality still toda), and it's 16x(by 3dfx terms, 32x standerd). And it dosn't have to do with your videocard's power, it's all about procesor power, SMP platforms are the ideal location for this, you'll have an xmhz AA procesor, similair to 3dfx's geometry assist for T&L...

Comment

None of Matrox's cards have ever had hardware AA.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Oh

Well now they'll have even better software AA...

Comment

I'm still waitin for you to post that promised link...
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

The links...

Heres the 8x one for 9x/ME users: www.erie.net/~fartalk/aliasing9x.exe

Heres the 16x one for 2000/XP users: www.erie.net/~fartalk/aliasingxp.exe

Comment

you sure, Greebe ?

afai remember Karina6 (remember her ?) explained, both could do 2x fsaa by rendering internally at double resolution, blurring it a bit and then scale down for output.

But it could also be that my brain has gotten a little foggy over the years ...
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Yeah Maggs I remember her... got heckled to death and left the forums over the facts she brought us about the G200 ICD fiasco... she was correct and those whom heckled her were flatout wrong.

But to date we have yet to see anything in the drivers supporting AA.

Comment

Working...
                            X