G400 MAX Revisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX Revisions

Which is a newer revision of the card, the one with just a large, rectangular heatsink, or the one withe the smaller, square, heatsink and fan?
    I'd like to Glide my T-Buffered foor up nVidia's Transformed and Lighted ass...

xbnmx,

Actually I believe that those are the normal G400 (large heatsink) and all MAX's come with a heatsink and fan.

Revisions are stated by the cards part number.

dsp
    1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
    512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
    MSI 845PE FISR
    8.4GB Quantum CR
    40GB Maxtor 5400
    MSI 40X12X48
    Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
    SB Audigy
    Parhelia (210/600)
    19" Dell P991
    Win2kPro
    Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

?

What are the differences between the revisions?

Comment

Knew this was going to be asked...

Some cards have only one head, some use SDRAM instead of SGRAM, older cards are capable of only upto AGP2x whereas the newer revisions can do AGP4x.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

?

IS there a performance difference between the ones with SGram and SDram? If so, which is faster?

Comment

I'd do a search on the performance differences as I suggested earlier.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

?

Do all of the DualHead ones have AGP 4x?

Comment

No... only the 4A revision can do AGP4x (see Matrox's website for details)... but let me add that is doesn't matter performance wise. The 32meg cards have enough mem and don't use AGP transfers in gaming with the exception of a few benchmarks.

Comment

?

Whgere on there website should I look for this info, and how do I run a search of the forums?

Comment

Matrox's website... just look arround, sure you'll stumble into it sooner or later

Upper righthand corner of this page there is a 'Search' button.

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                      X