256-Bit Dualbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 256-Bit Dualbus

All tge Matrox cards starting with the G200 going through the G450 are labled as having a "256-Bit Dualbus" What is this and does the G550 also have it?
    I'd like to Glide my T-Buffered foor up nVidia's Transformed and Lighted ass...

To clarify...

The G550 does poses this feature, and I know what an internal bus is, but what does it mean by Dualbus?

Comment

It's a 2x128 bit internal bus. The memory bus is still 128bit (or 64-bit DDR) though... Read about it here: http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/t...56_dualbus.pdf
      Edit: Since the internal design of the G550 is based on the G400, I'm pretty sure the DualBus remains.
      Edit2: I'm sure you already noticed, but the G200 has a 128-bit DualBus whereas the G400 and later have a 256-bit DualBus.
      Last edited by Tempest; 3 March 2002, 14:01.

Comment

?

Could Matrox easily switch the DDR bus to 128-Bit, or does there curent architecture limit DDR to 64-Bits?

Comment

?

Would faster DDR ram make-up for the bus difference, right now there running 166mhz, what if they used the OCZ(Infineon) 183mhz DDR chips?

Comment

Working...
          X