Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox G400 DVD output quality?? As good as those with icdt and motion compensation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 DVD output quality?? As good as those with icdt and motion compensation?

How does Matrox's G400 dvd output compare with those that have icdt and motion compensation?? I swear I saw some horrible combing when viewing the Apocalypse Now Redux on my PC monitor. Naturally, interlaced output looked great on my 32" TV, but progressive PC output may be problematic. I have what I believe is te latest DVD software from Matrox that I bought last year from Matrox.

Matrox cards will do iDTC and Motion compensation as good as the software implementation of the dvd player you use to play it back.

The main advantage of hardware MC and iDTC is reduced cpu utilisation, but software processing of these features shouldn't be any problem on a P2-300 and up.

I haven't seen any good quality comparison between the different hardware and software MC/iDTC algorythms on the market right now.

Comment

OK. The DVD software I bought last spring had this:

Cineplay exe 1.0.02.0101
      Resources version 1.0.02.0092
      Installation version 6.1.22.0006

Is there a newer version or upgrade or any patches available? What about the cards bios?

Just curious cause the combing I saw wasn't very confidence inspiring!

Comment

Cineplay exe 1.0.02.0101

That's the same version I'm using, though I downloaded it from Matrox's ftp site. I haven't seen any combing problems with my Max under W2K/AS.

BTW, how is the redux compared to the original? I think I enjoyed the making of, "Heart of Darkness", even more.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I am so bad. I have bought like 30 dvd's and I think I've watched like 8 of them. I haven't watched the AN Redux in full yet, but I will tell you this, the few scenes I checked out, its hard to tell where the added footage is. Not a bad thing, its done smoothly. I bought it cause I imagine I'll watch it at least once every few years.

I would like to see the "Making of Apoc Now Heart Of Darkness" too. I have the movie Heart Of Darkness on Laserdisc. The one with Tim Roth.

Comment

Working...
          X