MPEG.now is from Main Concept!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG.now is from Main Concept!!

Ulead used the Main Concept MPEG SDK....

MainConcept is a leading provider of high-quality codec technology supporting industry standards: HEVC/H.265, AVC/H.264, MPEG-2, Wasm, Mux, Transcode

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Wow!

Very interesting.

I wonder if a DV codec SDK will follow... allowing options other than the Microsoft DV codec.

In MEDIASTUDIO PRO 7.0... perhaps???

Jerry Jones

Comment

'ya never know. They already have the VideoEngine SDK. This is for creating video editing software and is based on the MainActor software components.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Deutschlanders, ehh? I always thought the Japanese were the big multimedia developers. Of course Germany has always had some of the best engineers in the world.

I was under the impression that MainConcept had their own SW, wouldn't this undermine their efforts for multimedia domination? Especially since it said they renowned for being cheap (not a direct quote).

Pretty cool when 2 companies can get together like this and actually deliver. Hope that it works out for them.
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

If memory serves me right, doesn't Brent Beyeler (mr bbmpeg) work for Mainconcept now?
          Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

If Ulead would adopt the Mainconcept DV codec and incorporate it into their next version of MSPro they would have a real winner on their hands.

Another question for me is: How long until the next release of MSPro (7.0?)

Hey Doc,
            I sure hope you didn't put your snow shovel away for the year.
            Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Although Main Concept's DV codec is nice, it still doesn't support Direct Show...

...and until it does...

I'm not interested.

Jerry Jones

P.S. I got confirmation that it only supports Video-for-Windows and traditional .avi files sizes today from Main Concept's Mark Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by Sciascia
                Deutschlanders, ehh? I always thought the Japanese were the big multimedia developers. Of course Germany has always had some of the best engineers in the world.
                Well MainConcept started with multimedia software (named Mainactor even at that time) on the Amiga many years ago, so they do have some experience....
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana

Well MainConcept started with multimedia software (named Mainactor even at that time) on the Amiga many years ago, so they do have some experience....
                  Well before my Time!
                  WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
                  X