VT 1.52 won't initialise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT 1.52 won't initialise

After extensive reading, trial and error etc I have decide to have a win98se partition for capture with my PCI Marvel G200. A clean install, VIA 4.37v, PD 5.41, VT 1.52 refuses to initialise, it just locks up when trying to recognize the video input with quick connect. I tried 1.55e which seemed to work fine, YUV patch ok and capture with MJpeg no drops. AVI_IO capture with YUV and HuffYUV dropped about 75 frames in 2.09 seconds of video capture. So I thought I would install PD 6.24 as this is listed at MURC as the correct drivers. Now AVI_IO hangs on starting and cntrl-alt-del brings up pdesk(not responding) – when this is killed the capture works with about the same drop rate. Matrox benchmarks for the capture disk are around 16mb/s so I think it is fast enough (formatted before capture). Tried PD6.28 with same result.

Now the fun starts, decide to try PD 5.42 and VT 1.52 again as this seems to be the recommended versions for YUV capture. Boot to safe mode, remove all drivers (with Matrox uninstaller) reinstall VIA patch and drivers, locks up with 1.52, try VT 1.55, now get error message and crash of quick connect. Reinstall win98se, VT 1.52 locks up, 1.55 error message, can’t capture at all now! (Not quite true, can capture on w2k partition with AVI_IO but it only captures at Matrox MJpeg resolutions and drops 3 frames every 2 seconds).

Win98se, SCSI and NIC cards disabled, no additional software, Matrox recommended NLE tweaks (cache, virtual memory etc).

PIII 500, 256MB RAM, 27GB & 17GB (ATA 66 – O/S’s), 40GB (ATA 100 capture), Soltek 67kv Mobo, AC’97 on board sound, no conflicts with IRQs Marvel IRQ 10, Sound 11, Marvel in first slot, no AGP, second slot free. (SCSI in 3rd, disabled, NIC in 5th also disabled).

Any suggestion to get 1.52 working, or back to 1.55e with YUV – I wish I hadn’t tried to improve it!
Working...
X