X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha PAL 8045!

I've gotten myself one!

Now I'm ready for summer....
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Arctic Silver 3!!

When I got this new HS, I also invested in a new syringe of AS3....

It's incredible!!!

The phase change system does improve the cooling over time.....
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I got one too, man its nice, quiet with a nice fan. And it was about 1/3 the price it normally goes for here in Canada. This thing is beautiful.

dsp
      1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
      512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
      MSI 845PE FISR
      8.4GB Quantum CR
      40GB Maxtor 5400
      MSI 40X12X48
      Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
      SB Audigy
      Parhelia (210/600)
      19" Dell P991
      Win2kPro
      Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

I got one without any instructions. Can anyone tell me how the bleedin fings mount?
        edit:

it's the one in the signature, it hasnt actually gone onto the chip yet
        1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
        Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
        Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Ofcourse!

Here's a link to a PDF file describing the procedure!

Alpa Pal 8045 Mounting instructions!

My advice would be to not insert the retension screws (and springs) untill you have placed the HS on to the CPU so you kan look through the holes and position it correctly so youl only have to drop in the screws (and washer, springs etc) and tighten in the criss cross pattern described in the PDF!

Good Luck!

Last edited by Technoid; 28 February 2002, 17:37.

Comment

Would you believe it. I wait a while for a reply and then fink sod it i will just bung it on and consequences be damned. I get it on the machine and running again and then someone replies with a very helpful link. Weird eh?

Cheers technoid.

Birdy
            1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
            Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
            Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Funny enough, the last shipment of computer boxes we got at work has a nice BIG hole in the motherboard plate alowing installation of these kind of HS without removing the MB!!

And Ofcourse I have the old version

Congratz Birdy!

Comment

hello there

I got me one of those alpha rigs, with a delta fan for my NFARCE.

The fan was sooooooo noisy, I couldnt live with it.

I took it off my Athlon 1700, and put a fan from an old AT power supply instead. result! Silent running PC with CPU @40....

I think it would probably run passive, those heatsinks are so good!.

RedRed
                Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I'm seriously considering to get one actually. I worked my but of a year ago to get hold of a Swiftech MC462, I couldn't find any on this side of the atlantic, so I resorted to an Alpha PEP66. It's good enough, but it looks I will get one of those 8045 anyways, they are actually available.

Comment

I't has been rather hard to find good heatsinks in sweden...

The Heatsink I used befor was a SK6 I got from Gtek.net....

I ordered two and when I found out how good they (sk6) worked I tried to order more....

NO GO!

They came with a silly excuse that the SK6 was to expensive, heavy, inefective and that it had gotten beaten in internet reviews.....

And promised that the cooler that was cheaper and performed better soon should be awailable....

Half a YEAR later the "better" cooler was awailable.....

A Powercooler that with the same fan as a SK6 performed pathetic.....

Oh, it was cheaper in both ways....

Their (gtek) excuse was that it was designed for high speed fans (noisy) and would work better whit a High speed fan....

Did a couple of test with a damn noisy 7000RPM Delta.....

The fan was still pathetic.....

Couldent even keep a XP 1300MHz belove 65 deegre mark

Comment

Yes I know that theme.

It's very hard to get anything that a "tweaker" may need here. We have mentionded coolers, watercooling components and so on and so forth. The only place that qualifies as good is gtek, and that's it. Kylning.com is adequate not more.

Comment

And Gtek is not what I would call "Good"..

If the SK6 did't sell, them they would have had a surpluss of them....

And I would not have balked at a Higher price as loong as I could have bought it...

And worse of all:

If something is out od stock and you ask em to send it as soon as i arives nothing happen...

Comment

Technoid
                          I't has been rather hard to find good heatsinks in sweden...
                          could you not just use a glacier or something?

RedRed
                          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Luckily the Gulf stream make's it rather hard to find glaciers....

Comment

Got one, liked it, got one for my dad as well.

it was fun, because i replaced his k6-2 400 with an xp1800+, the heatsinks have changed

Comment

Working...
                              X