Also have problems with Marvel G400+XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also have problems with Marvel G400+XP

I just can't have it work properly. I'm on Win XP Home edition (French). I've tryed all that was described in flagg_xxx's thread, but the driver won't install properly. All I can get after this is a 800x600 16 bit screen (I curently have a 1152x864x32 so it won't be OK). And still, when I try to install Video tools, I have a message the kind : 'you have no hardware to run thisss' .
    I have also tryed an other method a bit more complicated with no result eather and had to get back to Xp default driver.
    What shall I do ,change my video card for an ATI AIW 7500 ? I'm thinking about it but the Matrox was expensive and I don't like the idea of changing it so quickly.

Thanks.

fefan

539 display drivers

Are you with the 539 display drivers ???? (with tool 2.04)

Because I'M with that and it works...
    2 monitors, 2 video card, 800x600on second monitor and 1024x768 32 bits on the main one with the Matrox....

Bye
    Flagg

Comment

Yes that's the exact drivers that I tried to use.
      I've been trying another driver this morning that seems to be working fairly for now. The problem is I don't have my cables and I can't test all the features.
      I was so desperate that I downloaded the last Marvel G450 eTV XP drivers and Video tools on Matrox' site. I looked intoo it and found a G400 file. so I dared install it and it did recognise my card as a Marvel G400 TV and so on with vi tools. It seems not to have too many bugs.
      If you try this tell me what you think of it.
      Last edited by fefan; 28 February 2002, 08:37.

Comment

drivers

I do not dare !

Everythings working (for now !) great with 539 display and vidtools 2.04 and Power DVD. Dvd max: ok, dvd: ok, tv tuner: ok.

I didn't try capture yet..... I'm a little bit afraid !!!! do have another Matrox surprise !

So.....I do not touch anything else (drivers, tools) and I pray that it will stay that way !!!!!

BYe
        Flagg

Comment

tu parles français ????

Comment

Bien sur.
            Je vais essayer ta version de VT pour voir, celle que j'ai pris ne propose pas toutes les fonctionnalités mais comme je te l'ai dit, il y a dans le dossier du driver G450 un fichier G400. Je vais continuer à tester cette combinaison de drivers quelques temps et je te dirais si ça marche. j'ai quand même eu un plantage hier soir, c'est pour ça que je vais essayer un autre VT. Si ça ne change rien, je reviendrai au driver fourni avec Win XP en attendant.
            A+

For English speeking people who might be interested: the driver I tryed works but I had to reset my computer once yesterday cause everything was freezed, I'll try another Vid Tools to see if that was the problem. If not I'll have to come back to Win XP driver.
            Last edited by fefan; 1 March 2002, 01:01.

Comment

Working...
            X