Recomended CD-Rom Readers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomended CD-Rom Readers?

Well, I got a 24x Lite-on burner and, of course, my ancient Creative 40x reader can't even begin to keep up.

So, I thought I might shop for a new reader that I can direct copy from.

I am thinking about going with the Lite-on 52x.
    Thanks for any thoughts.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Go with lgs 52X!! The Lite-on makes to much noice!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Just check if it's tested by http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ this could give you a help.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I hate drives that can't handle out of balance CDs
        and the program looks cool.
        Chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

cjolley, not topic related but I have to ask: what do you think about your LiteOn 24x10x40x? Is it truely a rebadged Plextor? More important how noisy is it? (I have a Philips 40x and I almost never use it because one could think it´s taking off when spinning CD´s...
          I can get that LiteOn burner for cheap, but I remember when LiteOn wasn´t really known by it´s quality products...

Comment

1. The Liteon is NOT NOT NOT a rebadged Plextor. We thought it was, but it ain't.

2. The Liteon readers are nice but noisy. When I say nice, I meant that EAC rips audio at 40x on the Liteon 16x DVD... as compared to 10x on my 16x Hitachi DVD... but the Hitachi is more consistent and WORLDS quieter.

3. LG Drives seem to be pretty darn quiet AND relatively fast. Might be a great compromise.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno
              cjolley, not topic related but I have to ask: what do you think about your LiteOn 24x10x40x? Is it truely a rebadged Plextor? More important how noisy is it? (I have a Philips 40x and I almost never use it because one could think it´s taking off when spinning CD´s...
              I can get that LiteOn burner for cheap, but I remember when LiteOn wasn´t really known by it´s quality products...
              It's great!
              Chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
              X