Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a Refursbished CPU???

Saw this :Newegg.com AlthonXP 2000+

I'm like WTF? I could see selling it as a "used" CPU, but when I think Refursbished...I think of something thats damaged and was fixed, but last time I checked you cant repair a CPU. Anyone have any ideas?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Maybe these are the cpu's with the blown interconnects on them that have been reported on [H]OCP over the last week or so.

They tested good and sold as repaired(?). I don't see that Newegg has them as refurbished which would also be for sale legally.

Hopefully Kyle and crew will get an official announcement from AMD on this question. (holding my breathe)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe,

If you check the link out in the upper left hand corner there in red lettering under Description it says :REFRUSBISHED

Scott
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Scott I think you're missing the point... if they sold as new the cpu would be rejected by virtually all and most likely be tried for fraud (that would be illegal in most states). If it's damaged in anyway, including cosmetic damage, they can be sold as refurbished, repaired, remanufactured etc.

Now whether Newegg has actually done anything to refurbish these cpu's is anyone's guess... They certainly aren't telling. It could be that they purchased these from another vendor who fixed them up... even cleaning them would be concidered refurbished.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well, almost...

If you check the link out in the upper left hand corner there in red lettering under Description it says :REFRUSBISHED
          Does not!

Comment

Working...
          X