Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edimax BR-6004 Plus Broadband Router!

We sell these at work....

And Now we also use one for our Network.....

It works....

It has only one flaw:

It serves the whole internet a easy acces to its online configuration!!

You can log onto it from "the other side" so to say....

That any of the computer that are physicaly conected to the router can acces its managment program is great BUT that computers out on the internet can also connect to it through the ADSL modem is BAD....

Now for the question:

Has anyone some experience with these routers and know a way to make it not accept calls from "the outside"?

Othervise I will Disable remote managnet and have it hooked up through a serial cable!

But Its iritating that It does such a stupid thing by default!!!

Thanx!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Not used that router, but I had the same problem with mine. So you can at least try the solution I found...

I set up the router to forward the port that the configuration utility is on to an IP on my LAN. This prevents outside access, but allows inside access.

Good luck!

Comment

Duhhh.....how stupid....

My Linksys Cable/DSL router's setup is NOT available from the outside, thank God.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
        Duhhh.....how stupid....

My Linksys Cable/DSL router's setup is NOT available from the outside, thank God.

Dr. Mordrid
        Couldent have said it better myself!!

It is SUPER stupid!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Update:

They have released a new Firmware and the router is still not a genious, but It aint that stupid anymore.....

I can now actualy see its mac adress, outward IP etc etc
          And it has a wizzard for newbies

Comment

uuuh how much?
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

The uppdated Firmwhore (pun intended) was much more stupid....
              And I have reverted to the old after much headaches...

What do you mean Dilitante1?

Comment

Working...
              X