Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-channel downmix don´t work

Hi

I´m using the Cinemaster SW player and I can´t get the 4-channel downmix to work.
    Soundcard is a Guillemot Fortissimo XL. It´s based on the Yamaha 744 chipset and is basicly the same card as the Aopen 744-series and the Hoontech Digital XG-series, (4 channels plus optical SPDIF out).
    Graphics is a Matrox G400Max in a 440BX-system running Win98SE, DirectX8.1 and PowerDesk 5.55.
    The soundcard came bundeled with PowerDVD 2.5 and with that player, 4-channel downmix sounds great! However, picture on TV looks terrible...
    So, I made a fresh install of Win98SE, drivers and other SW I use, but can´t get Cinemaster to downmix into 4 channels.
    In Windows Media Player I opened the DVD, then:
    - File->Properties
    - selected the Advanced tab
    - selected Software Cinemaster DVD entry and clicked Properties button
    - selected Audio tab in the new dialog box
    - selected Decode and downmix to 4 channels (other options are Stereo, 3 channels and Dolby Pro Logic)

I previuosly used DVD Genie, but with no success.

Cinemaster version reads out as "DVD filter": 1.2.00.0063 and "DVD Decoding version": 2.0.36.6145

What do I need to do to get 4-channel downmix?

thank you

PD 5.55?! Good grief
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Using PD 5.55 due to the (in)-famous PAL TV-out bug/feature in newer drivers... (have yet to try 6.82 though)

Comment

Working...
      X