Verifying DMI pool data......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying DMI pool data......?

When the computer reaches this screen after most cold starts, it sits there for around 20 secs before continuing to boot, yet sometimes just flies right by it. What is happening here?

The other issue is on cold starts, it will nearly always say, " setup is updating files, continuing to load windows". As I have changed nothing, why is it doing this, and what is it updating?

Neither of these issues happen on every startup, and they don't seem to affect the performance any, but I am curious as to the cause.

Anyone?
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Well, and this is just a wild guess, it could be the CMOS battery ... maybe it is near-dead and the BIOS is reverting to the default settings (and thus the "setup is done updating files" msg) ... Could you check if the BIOS settings are the same as the ones you specified (if you did change them that is)?
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I have the same "setup" thing going on. My BIOS is fine. I haven't had any luck tracking down the issue.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

My bios is fine, and the cmos battery is only a couple of months old.
        P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

As for updating files I always get that after I play tiger woods golf 2001. God knows what it's doing but it doesn't seem to mess anything up. As for the Bios god knows but if nothing is going wrong just leave it.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well it was worth a shot ...
            Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
            X