X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wishes

Imagine that the PC djinni came to you and granted you 3 wishes for your PC

What would they be ?

Getting a video card that has the picture quality of Matrox and enough 3D power to play any game or use any 3D app.
    But I guess the geni would they that he's under NDA but he'll be able to tell some more soon(r)
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Mine are pretty simple(well the first one is)

1.) a nice 20 gig hard drive. Its all I need, and it is way bigger than my 3.2 gig that i use now.

2.) a matched set of ram sticks. I just know that some of the wierdness is from these mismatched different age pc133 generics

3.) a nice new monitor. 17" is fine, desk opening is too small for a 19 or 21. But I want a high quality one, and no friggin Trinitron tubes. I hate that line in the middle.

4.)A CDR-W. Yea I know only 3,sorry

5.) I wish that my BX chipset, slot1 motherboard would do faster than approx 1ghz chips.

6.) I want to find a local dealer that will sell me a Phillips Edge series sound card. I can't do "sleep" mode in ME with my Vortex2 card, as it won't wake up. That or some new drivers so it will work.

ps, these are my wife and my 3 wishes combined hehe
      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Hey Bohrn, if you went about this in a different way, you would still have 2 more wishes. First one should have been a new fully loaded computer.
        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
        people do all day!"

Comment

nah, I like my Asus P3B-f board, and my Radeon 8500 as well as alot of the rest of it. Also, I was being quite reasonable in my requests. Not

I want a computer that will be considered fast in 10 years, never crashes and takes 1 sec to boot
          AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

3 wishes?

bwahahahaha!

1) I wish that my computer would provide me with absolute, utterly unassailable power over the entire universe.

2) I wish that my computer would never break.

3) I wish that no one but me would ever be able to operate my computer.

Comment

Wish number one. I can infinite more wishes.
              Wish number two Via get there chipsets right.
              Wish number three Microsoft stop writing bloatware and get there bugs sorted out.
              Since I've got infinite wishes I can go improving my pc.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                Wish number one. I can infinite more wishes.
                Since I've got infinite wishes I can go improving my pc.
                Cheating the genie again, aren't we?
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Cheating the genie again, aren't we?
                  Stop that! You'll go blind!
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what does this have to do with computers... but then I realize this is the soap box...
                    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

1.) An 22" TFT from Sony *!!mjam!!*

2.) That all my programs (games, whatever) run under BeOS... or rather make it AmigaOS!!!!

3.) Rainbow Runner G for my G400!!!

(...) But I would seriously ask the genie first if the exchange of my PC with an wife+job+house+kids would be an option (all still be missing in my life )

You can buy a new computer anytime!
                      There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                      For so long as oneĀ“s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                      -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

If I had 3 PC wishes?

I would want a custom made cpu, board ram etc...

I would go to Intel or AMD, then Matrox or Nvidia (and so on) and say that my Djinn will pay you what you need and I want a xxxxGHz 64bit x86 quad CPU system with a board that can handle it and a huge amount of ram etc.. for each of my friends, make that 3 per friend! ( you guys get the idea. ) As for sound, well I definitely need a wisked amp and perfect sounding speakers, a beautiful 60" Plasma display, a DVD writer with a software that gets past every security feature. etc.. etc..

That would be my first wish. hehe

My second wish would be a PlayStation 2 HDD (a huge, fast and reliable drive) and EVERY game made, and every accessory. Oh and about 10 to 15 spare PS2's and PS2 HDD's and triples of every game. (in case of theft or fire) Of course I probably would go into more details and ask for more stuff.

And for my last wish, A cold fusion generator that takes up as much space as a Nintedo gamecube but that can power a small city for 120 years non-stop, and made so strong it never breaks down of course! (oh, it would be static sealed, magnectic sealed, water proof etc..)

With all the electronics, you electricity bill would be expensive!

That's pretty much it, I think I covered a lot of ground without yapping to much! hehe
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Wish 1: Bottomless bottle of Rum. (infact if needed, I would sacrafice all three of my wishes for this)
                          Wish 2: An Athlon XP 2000 processor
                          Wish 3: A digital camera

people do all day!"

Comment

Wish 1: Bottomless bottle of Rum. (infact if needed, I would sacrafice all three of my wishes for this)
                            Wish 2: An Athlon XP 2000 processor
                            Wish 3: A digital camera
                            In this order? I'd imagine the pictures would be very, um, interesting...

MadScot
                            Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

I could live without a digital camera and processor

They aren't essential for life to progress.

people do all day!"

Comment

Working...
                              X