PDA

View Full Version : matrox's next part

casa
24th February 2002, 15:03
hi! this is my first posting in this forum. in fact, this is my firt posting in any forum! as the subject heading reads, i have some info regarding matrox's upcoming video card(s). it's codename is in fact "parhelia" (pardon me if i spelled it incorrectly) and yes, it is supposed to match nvidia's latest part (geforce4), at least, on paper. who am i, u might ask. well, all i can say is that i'm someone who's brother happens to work at matrox (really!). this info came straight from him and he's not one to lie or make unfounded statements. so there u have it! assuming (hoping?!?) matrox can get their product(s) out soon with sreaming (and rock solid) drivers, the good people over at nvidia (and ati) will have to think about dropping their prices (at least on their high end products). and no, i'm not a hard core matrox fan, although i like them (especially the fact that they're based in canada!). in fact, i presently have a geforce4 440 GO and am very pleased with it (performance, quality, drivers, etc.). i never thought i could play a game such as ret. to castle wolf. (single player) with medium-high graphic settings and 1024X768 rez at 70-100fps, this without REALLY tweaking my system! crazy!. anyhow, if anybody can confirm this, please add to this thread.

oh, and btw, canada owns hockey!

casa

Guru
24th February 2002, 15:25
http://www.sms-testing.fi/distributedatmurc/files/bs3.gif

Novdid
24th February 2002, 15:26
Whatever you say...:rolleyes:

Shouldn't this be in the crystal ball???

Kruzin
24th February 2002, 15:27
Welcome to MURC.
Your first lesson in MURCness is to learn we have a separate forum for rumors and speculation. It's called The Crystal Ball.

In that forum, you will find much speculation about this Phantom card.

And it's also where you will now find this thread :p

Tom
24th February 2002, 15:55
Originally posted by casa
oh, and btw, canada owns hockey!
Well, at least we know this part is true!

Novdid
24th February 2002, 16:03
Hey don't get to cocky now!!!:D

Tom
24th February 2002, 16:20
Hey Novdid!
Have you ever had the chance to watch Tommy Salo
play for the Edmonton Oilers? He's from Surahammar.

K6-III
24th February 2002, 16:34
Hopefully this news is true.

Hyp-X
24th February 2002, 16:42
Someone should show this new guy the SHIFT and ENTER keys, and explain what they are used for...

casa
24th February 2002, 18:10
iNtErEsTiNg... (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.) I found some of your replies to be very amusing! Nevertheless, I thought I should mention that providing proof as to the veracity of my statements would most likely get my brother into trouble for having leaked information about an upcoming product at Matrox. (Wow! Now that was a long sentence! And a litterary faux-pas!) This is why I chose to give very little information about both my brother and myself. In any case, whether you believe me or not, the fact remains that matrox IS working on a video card that will hopefully compete with the GeForce4 and the Radeon 8500 and force both NVidia and ATI to lower their prices and make high end gaming cards more affordable to the average PC gamer. And with respects to a post regarding Matrox's focus, I'm not sure that the graphics division can survive with a product line-up that caters alomost exclusively to businesses. Then again, what do I know. I'm merely an environmental biologist!

Best regards,

casa

Greebe
24th February 2002, 18:17
K6-III, from the hints we've already made casa's post says less (performance wise too).

casa
24th February 2002, 18:30
Patienza! Il mio fratello non e buggiardo, nemeno Io. (Vi chiedo scusa; non scrivo molto bene in Italiano; non e la mia prima lingua.) E puoi, basta! Ho altre case sa fare (come cercarmi un lavoro in Alaska-non sono scerzi!). Vi lascio. Se qualcuno conosce un ragazzo del Veneto che si chiama (sul internet) AndX, lascattemi un messagio qui (sono il suo cugino e puo certififiare che il mio fratello lavora per Matrox).

Ciao!

casa
24th February 2002, 18:43
This is my last posting. Why so soon, you may ask? Well, for starters, I consider this to be procrastination, and I have a lot of other (better, more interesting) things to do than to speculate and then argue about speculations regarding Matrox's next part. Second of all, I'm not on Matrox's payroll, and therefore feel no obligation to defend them. And no, it's not all about money. If that was the case, I would not be an environmental biologist. The only reason I want Matrox to release a competitive consumer (gamer) video card is to promote healthy competition and help keep monopoly and capitalisms' dirty paws off the video card market, since other sectors of the computer market (CPU, Sound, OS, etc.) have already fallen to their hands. Wow! That's alreasdy much more than I wanted to say. T'was nice writing to you.

Take care and play nice :)

casa

Wombat
24th February 2002, 19:14
Nevertheless, I thought I should mention that providing proof as to the veracity of my statements would most likely get my brother into trouble for having leaked information about an upcoming product at Matrox.

Guess he never heard of logged IP addresses, or that there can only be so many environmental biologists related to Matrox employees.

From the second you posted here casa, you had no reasonable expectation of anonymity. If you really do have said brother, then I hope you didn't get him in trouble.

Ant
25th February 2002, 00:24
Well for one the guy ain't wrong, dunno about the hockey stuff though, that's some game girls play right?

As for anononymity nobody gets any IP addresses from here except me.

VJ
25th February 2002, 01:33
Well for one the guy ain't wrong, dunno about the hockey stuff though, that's some game girls play right?

Oh, for crying out loud !! :eek: :D :eek:
When will we know ??? :rolleyes:
What is there to know ?
(and I'm also not refering to the hockey stuff ;))

If only I had some music skills, I'd immediatly have a cover of Timex Social Club's hit "Rumors" (lyrics here (http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Venue/9769/rb/r/rumors_tsc.html)), but with the contents of these forums as new lyrics...
:D

Jörg

roadie
25th February 2002, 02:17
i think we all know that matrox have a big piece of work in the works, but i think they need to release it, opefully with complete and stable drivers before the gf4 gains a large share of the market (remember the gf3 and 8500??? :)). if matrox manage to do this then i am sure that many people will consider an upgrade from their gf2 type products to a matrox card :)

and btw anyone who thinks that british hockey is a girls sport will end up with my stick wrapped around their head :D

rubank
25th February 2002, 03:37
Originally posted by roadie
i think we all know that matrox have a big piece of work in the works....

I don´t.

rubank

Sasq
25th February 2002, 04:43
then you havn't learnt to read between the lines yet :D

Ant
25th February 2002, 04:59
I've nothing against hockey, I think you all look very cute in those little skirts and white panties :)

Originally posted by roadie

and btw anyone who thinks that british hockey is a girls sport will end up with my stick wrapped around their head :D

rubank
25th February 2002, 05:36
Originally posted by Sasq
then you havn't learnt to read between the lines yet :D

That´s right.
I´ve been in non-interlaced mode for ages.

PS. Let´s see if they can get to the replicator and transform all the vapour into hard matter.

rubank

roadie
25th February 2002, 05:50
I think you all look very cute in those little skirts and white panties

ok
/me gets coat and hides from ant's strange sexual peversions/ :D

rubank
25th February 2002, 06:17
Ok roadie,

so you play hockey in a little skirt and white panties
(whyelse would you have to hide from Ant).

That could explain Englands performance in international competitions.

rubank
(Sweden vs Canada 5-2, 2002 olympics)

Rimfaxe
25th February 2002, 08:41
Originally posted by rubank

Don't even start... Sweden sux at olympics!!! :mad: Dosen't matter if we beat the living daylight out of Canada... Doesn't matter at all... Sweden sux arse! :eek:

Novdid
25th February 2002, 11:02
No they dont, they just mysteriously manage to fu£k up when it matters.

cal
25th February 2002, 12:48
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for giving our team a wake up call

(CANADA ........gold, 2002 olympics )

everybody else
................hiding their little white dress

ant...... aaannnt.......... where did e go now?:eek:

:D sorry, just had to.

Tom
25th February 2002, 16:19
rubank

Words not required!!
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/teamcanada020224.jpg

casa
25th February 2002, 17:40
Dear Wombat (?!?),

I just thought you should know I'm running ZoneAlarm, that is, until I get my router. So unless you're a hacker, you're not getting in! And if you are, I hope you have better things to do!

casa

Wombat
25th February 2002, 18:06
You missed the point. I'm not implying nor have any interest in hacking your box. But if a certain company wanted your address, it would be easy to find out where you live.

I just think you're foolish for risking your brother's job just to be popular.

Speaking as someone under a couple NDAs of my own, I'd be pissed off if I'd ever told you anything.

DGhost
25th February 2002, 22:23
Originally posted by Wombat

Speaking as someone under a couple NDAs of my own, I'd be pissed off if I'd ever told you anything.

Ditto that. some people bend NDA's (in fact most people probably do), but its only to people they know and trust and its NEVER to be leaked or posted. i know if i ever gave my brother any information and he posted it i would never mention anything to him again...

borat
26th February 2002, 05:04
even if casa is telling the truth then assuming matrox announce in around 20 days there is very little chance in the information (of which none was new) gaining widespread credibility and publicity in that short amount of time. if anything it has created a frenzy of anticipation.this doesnt mean that i approve of him possibly risking someones job though.

mdhome
26th February 2002, 05:22
Remember last year when Chick of ChicksHardware came here and informed us of the G550's exact specs. Where is he now in our time of need? Oops, I remember. We chastised and sent him packing. :)

Regards MD

somedude
26th February 2002, 16:41
well, I have no details to give you except to say that he is right. they were talking about Parhelia last summer too, it was supposed to "come out" before the end of the year, and yes theoretically it's supposed to be the best when it comes out (but then again this is a big DUH, matrox is a graphics card company, of course they're working on a graphics card)