matrox's next part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox's next part

hi! this is my first posting in this forum. in fact, this is my firt posting in any forum! as the subject heading reads, i have some info regarding matrox's upcoming video card(s). it's codename is in fact "parhelia" (pardon me if i spelled it incorrectly) and yes, it is supposed to match nvidia's latest part (geforce4), at least, on paper. who am i, u might ask. well, all i can say is that i'm someone who's brother happens to work at matrox (really!). this info came straight from him and he's not one to lie or make unfounded statements. so there u have it! assuming (hoping?!?) matrox can get their product(s) out soon with sreaming (and rock solid) drivers, the good people over at nvidia (and ati) will have to think about dropping their prices (at least on their high end products). and no, i'm not a hard core matrox fan, although i like them (especially the fact that they're based in canada!). in fact, i presently have a geforce4 440 GO and am very pleased with it (performance, quality, drivers, etc.). i never thought i could play a game such as ret. to castle wolf. (single player) with medium-high graphic settings and 1024X768 rez at 70-100fps, this without REALLY tweaking my system! crazy!. anyhow, if anybody can confirm this, please add to this thread.

oh, and btw, canada owns hockey!

casa

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Whatever you say...

Shouldn't this be in the crystal ball???

Comment

Welcome to MURC.
        Your first lesson in MURCness is to learn we have a separate forum for rumors and speculation. It's called The Crystal Ball.

In that forum, you will find much speculation about this Phantom card.

And it's also where you will now find this thread
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Re: matrox's next part

Originally posted by casa
          oh, and btw, canada owns hockey!
          Well, at least we know this part is true!

Comment

Hey don't get to cocky now!!!

Comment

Hey Novdid!
              Have you ever had the chance to watch Tommy Salo
              play for the Edmonton Oilers? He's from Surahammar.

Comment

Hopefully this news is true.
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Someone should show this new guy the SHIFT and ENTER keys, and explain what they are used for...

Comment

matrox's next part

iNtErEsTiNg... (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.) I found some of your replies to be very amusing! Nevertheless, I thought I should mention that providing proof as to the veracity of my statements would most likely get my brother into trouble for having leaked information about an upcoming product at Matrox. (Wow! Now that was a long sentence! And a litterary faux-pas!) This is why I chose to give very little information about both my brother and myself. In any case, whether you believe me or not, the fact remains that matrox IS working on a video card that will hopefully compete with the GeForce4 and the Radeon 8500 and force both NVidia and ATI to lower their prices and make high end gaming cards more affordable to the average PC gamer. And with respects to a post regarding Matrox's focus, I'm not sure that the graphics division can survive with a product line-up that caters alomost exclusively to businesses. Then again, what do I know. I'm merely an environmental biologist!

Best regards,

casa

Comment

K6-III, from the hints we've already made casa's post says less (performance wise too).
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ciao a tutti gli Italiani!

Patienza! Il mio fratello non e buggiardo, nemeno Io. (Vi chiedo scusa; non scrivo molto bene in Italiano; non e la mia prima lingua.) E puoi, basta! Ho altre case sa fare (come cercarmi un lavoro in Alaska-non sono scerzi!). Vi lascio. Se qualcuno conosce un ragazzo del Veneto che si chiama (sul internet) AndX, lascattemi un messagio qui (sono il suo cugino e puo certififiare che il mio fratello lavora per Matrox).

Ciao!

Comment

This is my last posting. Why so soon, you may ask? Well, for starters, I consider this to be procrastination, and I have a lot of other (better, more interesting) things to do than to speculate and then argue about speculations regarding Matrox's next part. Second of all, I'm not on Matrox's payroll, and therefore feel no obligation to defend them. And no, it's not all about money. If that was the case, I would not be an environmental biologist. The only reason I want Matrox to release a competitive consumer (gamer) video card is to promote healthy competition and help keep monopoly and capitalisms' dirty paws off the video card market, since other sectors of the computer market (CPU, Sound, OS, etc.) have already fallen to their hands. Wow! That's alreasdy much more than I wanted to say. T'was nice writing to you.

Take care and play nice

casa

Comment

Nevertheless, I thought I should mention that providing proof as to the veracity of my statements would most likely get my brother into trouble for having leaked information about an upcoming product at Matrox.
                            Guess he never heard of logged IP addresses, or that there can only be so many environmental biologists related to Matrox employees.

From the second you posted here casa, you had no reasonable expectation of anonymity. If you really do have said brother, then I hope you didn't get him in trouble.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well for one the guy ain't wrong, dunno about the hockey stuff though, that's some game girls play right?

As for anononymity nobody gets any IP addresses from here except me.

Comment

Working...
                              X