Chuck Jones dead at 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Jones dead at 89

The greatest animator in history is no more.

He could invest a cartoon character with such subtle personality and fill a short feature with glib and perfect irony. He was the best, and probably always will be. Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Wile E., Marvin the Martian, Tom and Jerry, et. al. never quite came to life with the same droll humor under anyone else's direction. He will be greatly missed.

Last edited by KvHagedorn; 24 February 2002, 12:48.

Thank you Chuck (Jones) for all the entertainment that you have brought into our lives. We will sincerely miss you.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

He will indeed be missed ...

Wile E. Coyote - Super Genius ...
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I think you can tell who my favourite character was...

This is a great loss to the animation/cartoon industry, and as such, to the world as a whole, for without laughter, the world would be a much different place.
        ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Working...
        X