G400 and XP locks/reboots up in Both D3d and OGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and XP locks/reboots up in Both D3d and OGL

Hello. I've been having some trouble with my G400 and Windows Xp for some time now. About 3 months ago, I was running a Dual Processor Celeron on a BP6, when the computer started to crash in Quake and Unreal Tournament. At that time, XP blamed (or the equivalent) the crashes/infinate loops on the g400.dll driver. The system configuration at that time was:

Abit BP6 (dual Celeron 433 PPGA)
    Matrox G400
    SB live plat
    Intel 10/100 NIC
    IBM 34GXP HD

Well, I had also thought that the crashes could be due to the multiprocessor system, so i didn't push the issue and gave up 3d apps. About a month later, i won at one of the AMD giveaways, and i'm now running

MSI KT266 Pro (Via 266) not 266A, i don't think
    AMD Athlon 1800+ (1.53Ghz)
    Matrox G400
    SB live plat
    Intel 10/100 NIC
    IBM 60GXP HD

And I'm still getting the same kind of lockups in Ogl/d3d games. As of right now, I'm using the MS Driver, because that's the one which doesn't randomly reboot my computer (which, while i'm coding will almost instantly get me angry). However, i had used the latest beta, and it exhibited the same symptoms (I don't think MS has an OGL in their driver)

What will happen, when i'm playing is that the video will stop, and the sound will start looping while the computer is completely locked up. Have to hard reboot to get it back.

Here is my IRQ configuration:

ISA 0- System Timer
    ISA 1- Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    ISA 3- Communications Port (COM2)
    ISA 4- Communications Port (COM1)
    ISA 6- Standard floppy disk controller
    ISA 8- System CMOS/real time clock
    ISA 9- Microsfot ACPI Compliant System
    ISA 12- Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse
    ISA 13- Numeric Data Processor
    ISA 14- Primary IDE Channel
    ISA 15- Secondary IDE Channel
    PCI 5- INtel(R) InBusiness(TM) 10/100 Network Adapter
    PCI 5- VIA Rev 5 or later USB Univeral Host Controller
    PCI 5- VIA VIA Rev 5 or later USB Univeral Host
    PCI 5- VIA Rev 5 or later USB Univeral Host Controller
    PCI 10- Creative SB Live (WDM)
    PCI 11- Matrox Millennium G400

Any help will be apprciated, and i will do my best to fill requests for additional information.

Thank you,

AlphaMeridian

SB live plat
    I believe that may be your problem. My system used to lock up occasionally in the same manner running Half-Life under Win2k.

Try getting the latest SB Live drivers and/or Via motherboard patch.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Thanks, i'll try updating the Sound Card drivers when i get home. Before i left for class, I was downloading the new Matrox 5.82's so i'll try those out too.

I'll try to keep this thread updated..as posting at other sites has not gotten my ANY replies, (well, except for the main matrox site)...

Any more assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

AlphaMeridian

Comment

Welcome to the MURC, AlphaMeridian ...

you should use Matrox' TweakUtil for forcing your card to run in AGP1x only, because some VIA chipset based MoBos are known to produce too much busnoise to properly run in AGP2x/4x DiME mode.
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Your should lower your hardware acceleration from your sound card. Go to your control panel in your sound and multimedia properties and check the settings of your hardware acceleration. By default it's setup to standard aceleration. Lower it a notch to put at basic acceleration. It should help

I've started checking what would be the best sound card to use with a Matrox card. Creative labs alwas had problems with Matrox and when you ask them how could solve this problem they just blame it on matrox.

Anybody who doesn't have the problem of sound looping and computer freezing in OpenGL and who doesn't use a creative lab sound card? Wich sound card are you using?
          DGhost

"Everybody knows Rocket Launchers have proximity safety sensors that lockdown the firing mechanism to prevent point blank use, not my fault, stupid game."

Comment

Working...
          X