Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience/comments on Casio EM-500 PocketPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience/comments on Casio EM-500 PocketPC?

My GF wants to buy me a PDA/PocketPC as a gift and might get that one for me.
    The EM-500 looks good so far on paper(other option, but more expensive, is to get a Palm m505) and has many multimedia functions built in.
    If this unit isn't good, do you have any other suggestions on something similar? I am looking to keep this around 300-400 canadian(190-250 US) range.
    I essentially want a handheld multimedia "center" that is able to play music, movies, take notes, keep appointments, color screen, MMC/SD/CF memory card expansion...
    Thanks in advance.
    Epox 8RDA+
    AMD XP 2500+ w/ Alpha PAL 8045
    512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    ATI 8500 64mb
    Hercules Fortissimo II
    Tekram DC-315U
    Pioneer DVD 303S
    Pioneer DVR-106
    Zip100 Internal
    Logitech MX 500 Mouse
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80 gig HD
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 gig HD
    LG Flatron 795FT+
    Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones
    Altec Lansing 641 Speakers

Check out the Jornadas, especially the older ones. They'll do what you want, and the old models can be found for ~$150 new.

Personally, I wouldn't combine the two though. I have my Visor, and an MP3 player. Each does their own job particularly well, and comes in cheaper than an all-in-one troublemaker.

What kind of movies do you plan on playing?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
    X