Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2kvtbeta and beta_w2k506

Hi
    I just installed the new beta drivers and beta video tools for win2k. They seem to be working nicely overall. I especially like the new channel list and the fact that both the pcvcr and the video window is in the same "block" on the taskbar, not in two separate.

I do have two problems:
    1) the video window seems to cut of the bottom maybe 1/10th of the tv input. The problem appears in any resolution on 0.5x, 1x, 2x and fullscreen. I am using PAL (im in europe).

2) I cant find the settings where one can reduce the time it takes to switch channels

Any suggestions of are these a known bug and a missing feature?

Regs,
    Tor Bechmann

Hi Tor,

1 - It is a known issue and should be fixed with the final release.

2 - Can't include a utility to lower the speeds of the channel change but we are looking into reducing the speed.

Haig

Comment

Tor,
      When you open PC-VCR, the picture is not cropped. It is only when you choose x0.5, x1 or x2 that the picture expands vertically and the bottom is cropped. At least, that's what happens here with my Marvel G400.
      On the other hand, the possibility to rearrange the order of the channels is not working properly. Once I change the order, PC-VCR does not open on the channel it was displaying when previously closed. Worst, the channel which is tuned, and the on-screen indications are different.
      There is also a problem with stereo sound: each time I reopen PC-VCR, I have to switch from NICAM to FM and back to NICAM in order for the card to detect the channels emitting in NICAM stereo. It will never play stereo sound on it's own, but once the operation above has been performed it correctly detects mono and stereo channels and switches accordingly.
      Now, the last and worst thing (this is not new, it was also the case under win98 or winNT): the picture is really blurred like it is seen through a layer of fog. Waiting for the W2k drivers, I reinstalled my old Pinnacle PCTV and the picture is by far better (sharper) on the PCTV. At all picture dimensions. As a result, I just reinstalled my DC30 for mjpeg capture. No problem at all and the w2k drivers work without a hitch.
      Michka
      I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
      If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Oh yes, one thing I forgot: when using the shortcut keys to raise or lower sound volume, it sometimes changes the channel as a bonus.
        Michka
        I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
        If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Will the Marvel G200 PCI ever work in a dual monitor configuration with the G400? I was hoping something would be different in Windows 2000. I can get basic functions, but Video Tools don't work. The reason I got the PCI version was because I was hoping to be able to upgrade video cards and still keep the G200's video capture functionality.

With clean installs of Windows 98SE and 2000 when I stick the Millenium G400 in the AGP, Marvel G200 in the PCI, and set PCI as the primary display in the BIOS, whether the G400 is active or not I get the same results. The picture in Video Tools is always fixed on the monitor in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It is usually stretched and only part is on screen. Moving the window has no effect on the. What is visible is like holding a piece of paper with a rectangle cut out and moving it over a television screen, only being able to see part of the picture at a time.

I also have an ATI TV Wonder, but it is not in my computer and has never been installed with my current Windows 98SE and 2000 installations. But previously I was able to get it to work perfectly with the Marvel G200 PCI and Millenium G400 in a dual monitor configuration under Windows 98SE. If this card works, why can't the Marvel G200's Video Tools work as well?

BTW, my motherboard is an Abit BX6r2.01. Other people say they have the Marvel G200 PCI in a dual monitor configuration with working Video Tools, but they don't have a Millenium G400.

Is the solution to stop buying Matrox video cards so that I can use the *Matrox* Marvel G200 in a Dual Monitor configuration?

Comment

David.. try the following,

1-uninstall the Matrox G400 and Marvel G200 drivers.

2-Remove the G400 phisically from your PC

3-boot to windows and install the Marvel G200 display and VT drivers (of coarse make sure you have PCI as primary in the MB bios)

4-once everything is working ie. capture playback and everything else you normally do, shut down your PC and install the G400.

5-boot up, windows will detect the G400 and either install itself or prompt you for drivers. Warning.. Windows may point to the .inf file located in the /windows/inf directory..DO NOT install the default drivers otherwise your system may experience major display problems.

6-point to the Matrox driver directory, select the .inf file and continue the install. (DO NOT RUN SETUP from the directory where the new drivers are located)

7-after the installation is complete your second monitor attached to the G400 will display a dos box saying if you cn read this blah blah blah.

8-in the display properties you can select which monitor you want to make primary (you know the sotry)

9-Once everything is complete, try launching PC-VCR and capture and see what happens.

This is the only way that I think it may work, however in order to use the Marvel G200 your bios will always have to be set to PCI as primary

Try this in Win98 first, if it works then try it in Win2K.

Good Luck.
            Elie

Comment

Elie, thanks for the response. Here's what I did today:

1. Fresh install of Windows 2000 with Marvel G200 PCI in PCI slot 1
              2. Download Win2K beta drivers for Marvel G200
              3. Shutdown, install G400 in AGP slot
              4. Startup, install G400 drivers

The results were the same as with Windows 98SE. The PCI slot is the primary display. I have tried this same procedure with Windows 98 and 98SE many times with each new release of the drivers hoping it would finally work, but it never has.

Comment

Working...
              X