Guess who has a Santa Cruz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who has a Santa Cruz...

Just threw it in. It seems to be working quite nicely althoug I do not know if I care for the control panel yet. It seems to sond really good and it does not seem to be using any real resources. I had a program called sound control plus running in the background before so that the wife could switch to mic input without gettting into the mixer settings and I don't have to use that anymore thanks to the output mixer setting. That alone shaved off a few wasted resources.

Question for a few people, should I do a fresh install or just remove the old drivers and install the new card. I always worry about extraneous crap being on my system, but it wasn;t a Creative Labs card that I replaced. It was a Diamond MX300.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

I'd try removing the old drivers before putting in the TBSC's. I'd also D/L the latest drivers from the TB site as well, especially if you're running 2K or XP and *read the installation guide*. Win2K at least tries to install a driver that you should not allow it to do before installing the TBSC's.

Most problems with old drivers seem to come with Creatives cards since their uninstaller doesn't get everything.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That was exactly what I did. I haven't even broken the seal on the install CD, went and got the latest drivers. I also did a full uninstall of my old SC, though I haven't scrubbed the registry yet. Seems to have worked very well and it sounds great. Absolutely clean and crystal clear. I did not like the control panel until I played with it a bit. Very well laid out and functional. Doesn't take up a bunch of resources liuke that Liveware stuff does.

On an added note I bought one of those logitech wireless headsets for Net2phone. Works fantastic. Only $52 bones and I can send the wife in the other room while I still dork around on my PC. Says that the range is 100ft and it is still strong at that distance through walls. Team that up withthe new SC and I don't have to worry about selecting mic or line in for recording anymore and we are both happy now.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Now all you need is a 5 speaker rig with a big boomer and it's time to boogie down

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X