Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mu APS driver for SB Live!

Greetings Sound Blastards!

Seems the SB Live! uses the exact same E-mu 10k1 chip found in the E-mu Audio Production Studio. Some clever people have manipulated the E-mu APS drivers to work with the lowly SB Live! with some interesting results for audio production.

I don't have the software or know-how to determine whether this driver does anything for the latency issues that seem to plague so many Sound Blastered (Live!) video editing systems. It does offer 8ms latency for ASIO-based applications (Steinberg). This driver is working just fine in my Win98SE BX-based system and at the very least, offers an alternative to installing LiveWare

Check it out at:

Last edited by Frank Marshall; 22 February 2002, 18:20.
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

FM, link doesn't appear to work
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe,

Just checked it out and the link does work, when you´re a bit persistant. Apparently the server isn´t really up to the job.

landrover
      -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
      2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
      Matrox Parhelia 128
      Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
      Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
      Maxtor 300 GB for video
      Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
      Win XP Pro

At work:
      Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
      Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Maybe you have to just sit there and hit refresh... I don't have time for that.

I have tried since it's been posted approximently 15 times now... nodda
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi

I just wanted to mention that the link itself is OK. The site loaded on my very first attempt, but I had to refresh several times to load some pages.

landrover
          -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
          2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
          Matrox Parhelia 128
          Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
          Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
          Maxtor 300 GB for video
          Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
          Win XP Pro

At work:
          Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
          Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

I finallly got it to work... other pages would timeout bad also... but got it none the less

Comment

Working...
            X