No announcement yet.

(M)aster I shall not lose faith in you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (M)aster I shall not lose faith in you!

'Yes, giving up on the high-end gaming market may have been an unpopular decision for some, but it was a heralded move by Matrox loyalists and longtime customers'.
    From "FiringSquad"

Polski
    Last edited by Polski; 23 February 2002, 02:04.

that is a really interesting article, i enjoyed reading it. i am now pretty sure that matrox's new product will be a high end pro/cad card with a cut down version (gaming) to keep all us murcers happy
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

looks like the article is a few months old..

guy still talks about the eTV line..
      :::muted:::

Comment

Nope, article is quite new

It also talks about the Geforce 4, which has only been out 2 weeks.
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

there's also a stupid joke on hardocp.com ( more and more i think less and less of this site , it's biased and they just won't admit it )

Lastly we hear that Matrox will finally introduce a new 3DGaming part
          called the AZZKICKER. Supposedly it is the next GeForce4 Ti4600 killer
          that will be fueled by a cross between Matrox, BitBoys, and x-3dfx
          technology. Plans are
          to give them away to anyone that shows up with 3 canned goods and uses
          recycled toilet paper. Sorry, just had to see if you were reading this
          far down.

i hope you get the 3 canned goods and uses recycled toilet paper joke.. ( i know it's not funny but )
          :::muted:::

Comment

Originally posted by mute
            there's also a stupid joke on hardocp.com ( more and more i think less and less of this site , it's biased and they just won't admit it )
            Can I ask why you think they are Biased? I know that Steve or Kyle (The 2 main guys on the site) was running an ATI Radeon 8500 before they went over to the Gefart4 when it came out in their personal boxes.

Matrox's biggest problem right now is that they have no good PR when it comes to "gaming" card since ummm 1999 and anything thats come out since the G400Max from Matrox has been an udder dissapointment when it comes to anything to offer a to "Gamer"/Hardcore user, which [H]ardOCP gariners to for the most part.

The best thing for Matrox to do right now is to come out with something that blows everything out of the water, even if it costs a small Fortune to buy...it would help them in the PR world and bring them back into Radar Screens of the PowerUsers/Gamers.

As much as I love Matrox....I haven't had a one in my Home Rig since December 2000 and since that date I've had 3 video cards in my home rig. The G400Max lasted the longest...lasting me over a year in the machine. It still lives on in my Girlfriends PC right now (which I'm posting from now) and I miss it every day...but its speed isnt what I'm looking for when I game on my Machine. I recently got a G450 PCI for my crappy work machine and it works as great as the G400 did for my 2D work, and it fills its roll fine.

When ever Matrox comes out with their next Gen Card...I'll be one of the first ones breaking out the Visa for it if I can get one for under $400 bucks.

Scott
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
            X